Are Snake/Woodhead Open? 2020/21

This new thread relates only to the topic shown.

There are other threads re the new bus service and re Mottram Moor.

Today's answer is 'yes'.

But the best answer-source, every day, is the indefatigable Glossop Online website- highly recommended!- at https://glossop.online/traffic/

Edited by nikki-red

Quite why should we be asking the question today when it is relevant very unlikely anyone will come across this thread

Still I suppose it keeps the name of your business in the forefront but for this customer it does not work

6 hours ago, Bigal1 said:

Quite why should we be asking the question today when it is relevant very unlikely anyone will come across this thread

Still I suppose it keeps the name of your business in the forefront but for this customer it does not work

Er, no. Autumn is inexorably followed by winter- when this resource is very useful.

(And, as to your jibe- I'd be delighted if SF's system allowed me to dispense with the signature on non-conveyancing topics!)

7 hours ago, Bigal1 said:

Cos people will probably ask this question several times over winter, opening a new thread each time.

Now they can be all merged into this one.

On 01/11/2020 at 18:28, Jeffrey Shaw said:

This new thread relates only to the topic shown.

There are other threads re the new bus service and re Mottram Moor.

Today's answer is 'yes'.

But the best answer-source, every day, is the indefatigable Glossop Online website- highly recommended!- at https://glossop.online/traffic/

"Glossop online" hasn't been for a few weeks, it seems! But the website has now been restored- good news in winter.

Glossop Online currently isn't.

But Derbyshire County Council has good material here (and you can subscribe to updates): https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport-roads/roads-traffic/road-maintenance/snow-info/latest-update/latest-snow-update.aspx

For a map showing all roads subject to problems of any type, use https://one.network/custom/derbyshire/

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

The Snake is closed WEEKDAYS only and between 0900 and 1700 only.

The X57 is running via the Woodhead Pass if it is scheduled to pass over within those times.

On 04/10/2021 at 08:33, Annie Bynnol said:

The Snake is closed WEEKDAYS only and between 0900 and 1700 only.

The X57 is running via the Woodhead Pass if it is scheduled to pass over within those times.

Are you sure? 

Announcements from Derbyshire CC say the closure includes the weekend, and don't mention 9-5.   Has contrary information been published somewhere?

See this on Twitter:

That's what I read, too! "Inc. weekend" suggests that Sa/Su are closure days as well.

Guest sibon

It is closed for the whole two weeks. 

I was up there yesterday walking. It was lovely and peaceful. None of those Mancunians or Glossopians to spoil the peace.

21 hours ago, sibon said:

It is closed for the whole two weeks.

...although 4-15 October (i.e. Monday to a week on Friday) is not quite two weeks- only one weekend, you see.