Microsoft Edge Home Page Changed

This morning when I started my laptop it opened as usual with the MSN page with the shortcuts to favourite sites then when I opened a new tab I just got a background of a lake with the Microsoft Edge logo and a search bar.  Anyone any idea what has happened and how do I get the home page back that I had before?

Managed to get the MSN back as home page but where there were about 8 boxes you could set to sites you wanted as a shortcut now it has 13 pre set ones that I cannot change. Also it won't let me customise opening a new tab to a page that I want.

Edited by iansheff

Mine has done exactly the same, and I use a PC.

Cheers must be some kind of update then but I never had a message that there was an update. The annoying thing is losing the shortcut boxes and not being able to set a new tab to open on a page I want, every time I click on  customise it just goes to a new page with nothing in the address bar and the pic of the lake.

Yeah, mine has done the same, all the shortcuts etc have disappeared.

It happened about 18 months ago, and I had to reset them all up.

I don't believe it, I just opened a new tab and it has gone back to what it was before including the short cut boxes, I have not done anything to it.:confused:

When Edge Updates, it often opens a new page (on first startup) with info about the latest changes, new features etc - and just confirmation it has actually updated..

When you close it (fully), and open it again, it 'should' return back to your original homepage..

When this 'new' one opens up, if you check the tabs at the top, your original home page is often opened behind in a separate tab

Mine did same so switched everything to Google seems okay now  but no idea if i did right

Mine have come back now!

Thanks for the info Ghozer👍

1 hour ago, Ghozer said:

When Edge Updates, it often opens a new page (on first startup) with info about the latest changes, new features etc - and just confirmation it has actually updated..

When you close it (fully), and open it again, it 'should' return back to your original homepage..

When this 'new' one opens up, if you check the tabs at the top, your original home page is often opened behind in a separate tab

Thanks for that information Ghozer, it never said there were any updates to be installed, I guessed that it had updated though because it took so long to reboot after I restarted it, the pages still wouldn't open and just got the lake pic then it just went back to normal. Oh well it is ok now.

15 hours ago, iansheff said:

Thanks for that information Ghozer, it never said there were any updates to be installed, I guessed that it had updated though because it took so long to reboot after I restarted it, the pages still wouldn't open and just got the lake pic then it just went back to normal. Oh well it is ok now.

It will have done, the restart and shut down options always change to restart and update etc. Plus you get the little notification icon saying your computer needs to restart. You can go into Settings->Windows Update->Update History to see what it installed :) 

3 hours ago, probedb said:

It will have done, the restart and shut down options always change to restart and update etc. Plus you get the little notification icon saying your computer needs to restart. You can go into Settings->Windows Update->Update History to see what it installed :) 

I didn't get any notification of any updates, I always know when there is an update because of the symbol next to the power off in the start menu and there wasn't one there when I rebooted yesterday. Just now I have opened a new tab and it was the lake again with the Edge logo and a search bar, I opened 2 more tabs and they were ok.

Edited by iansheff