Problem With Paypal

3 hours ago, max said:

I appreciate you taking the time to put these points, I'll try and answer some of them.

No, I didn't confirm it and it's not active - confirmed by PP.

They cannot drop it as PP UK and PP USA are two different entities and they don't, it appears, talk to each other and the number they gave me to ring is not toll free in this country.

I tried the forget password stuff before and kept being told that a verification code would be sent to my 'phone but I didn't recognise the number they gave.

Having said that, I've just tried again and an option has been added which sent an email with a code number.

So, I'm now in Michael's PayPal which has been limited due to my query so is asking for me to verify my email, bank details and 'phone number which, obviously, I can't supply. Michael lives in New York.

Back to customer service.

Now you are in that account though, you could use the support/live chat while logged in....

Also, if there's a phone number and address attached (and maybe another email address) - then maybe you can contact this "Michael"?

Otherwise, now you are in - make a throw-away email address, change the email to that - then yours is free to use once more! :)

Thanks Ghozer.

Once I was in the US a/c I was able to message the help desk. 

After a few messages I received an email telling me that a new email address had been added, it was a series of random numbers and letters. So I logged into Michael's a/c with my email address and there was this odd email address, then I tried to delete my gmail address from the a/c  but it wouldn't let me. I went back to the profile and it had disappeared so I assume PP removed it whilst I was logged in.

I've now successfully added my gmail a/c to my PP a/c and also reset my password, in case anyone was worried. 

Bring on the next battle with techno bureaucracy.