Sign in to follow this  

Charity Christmas Cards.

Are you having a lot of Charity Christmas cards and tie tags through your post ? Do you buy them, dump them, or use them but don’t buy them ?. I feel really guilty if I use them at Christmas but don’t buy them. What do you do ?

2 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I feel really guilty if I use them at Christmas but don’t buy them. 

Then don’t use them.

I know just how you feel Patricia. I usually end up binning them. I have a monthly direct debit to 2 charities of my choice but I still feel guilty about not buying the Christmas cards. I think it's a bit of an imposition designed to play on people's conscience. Like those adverts for the donkeys etc. Also I think it's not right that they waste their resources sending these items out.

5 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Then don’t use them.

I said “ If I use them “ ! I didn’t say I did.! 

2 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I know just how you feel Patricia. I usually end up binning them. I have a monthly direct debit to 2 charities of my choice but I still feel guilty about not buying the Christmas cards. I think it's a bit of an imposition designed to play on people's conscience. Like those adverts for the donkeys etc. Also I think it's not right that they waste their resources sending these items out.

Agree with every word you say.

8 hours ago, pattricia said:

I said “ If I use them “ ! I didn’t say I did.

Oh - If you use them you would feel guilty?

Don’t use them then.

58 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Oh - If you use them you would feel guilty?

Don’t use them then.

Are you trying to be as awkward as possible ? This is a forum where people express their opinions, so stop getting your knickers in a twist ! 

I was sent a packet of Christmas cards the last year I lived in Sheffield.  

I did like the cards, they were simple landscape winter scenes of the countryside and mountains.  The original paintings was done by people who had no arms, the artists used their feet or mouth to hold the pen or brush.

The small packet of cards was free, there was an order form to buy more  and make a donation.  I didn’t buy any more cards I’d already bought my Christmas cards but I did send a  small donation. I don’t know if they sent more cards the year after because I had moved house. 

Rollypolly is right when she says it is designed to play on your conscience.   It did mine.  

30 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I was sent a packet of Christmas cards the last year I lived in Sheffield.  

I did like the cards, they were simple landscape winter scenes of the countryside and mountains.  The original paintings was done by people who had no arms, the artists used their feet or mouth to hold the pen or brush.

The small packet of cards was free, there was an order form to buy more  and make a donation.  I didn’t buy any more cards I’d already bought my Christmas cards but I did send a  small donation. I don’t know if they sent more cards the year after because I had moved house. 

Rollypolly is right when she says it is designed to play on your conscience.   It did mine.  

Correct ! 

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Correct ! 

Yes I have to agree with you.