Wycombe Wanderers V Sheffield Wednesday

well this is the easiest game of the season,play rhodes and get a win,no excuse to lose against these.

We'll lose this. Wycombe will be up for it, we won't be. I wish I could have some confidence in them but at the moment we're league 1 bound

10 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well this is the easiest game of the season,play rhodes and get a win,no excuse to lose against these.

And Wycombe are saying "This is the easiest game of the season. We'll get a win. There's no excuse to lose against these"

8 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

And Wycombe are saying "This is the easiest game of the season. We'll get a win. There's no excuse to lose against these"

Exactly that. No team in that league has any reason to fear playing us.

Did you watch last night's match against Rotherham while ever we play like that andlay the same keeper we are looking at going down already.

people who knock rhodes ,surely cannot say hes not worth a place after last night,change the keeper and stop trying to play the old wimbledon style ,the rubbish this mans signed is unbelievable,we had a wrong attitude in the dressing room and needed a change,well you got your way inc back room staff and its no good,have the decency to walk away,but i doubt that you will want huge pay offs for all your mistakes.

Well, sadly, I was right.
On October 22, after the Brentford game, I wrote "I bet they'll still have negative points on 1 November".
Having listened to the Rotherham game's RS commentary, I fear that it may well be still minus 4.
I shudder to think what the reception would've been like had fans been allowed in.

5 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

But then maybe the truth of the matter being that they should be playing in league one this season? 

The EFL bottled the correct punishment and let's be fair, being a couple of months late with this year's accounts is again taking the biscuit.

Yes, I think you're quite right...and not just "fairer/realistic" for the Owls, but also on the team that could/should have climbed a division from L1.

As it is, 8 matches in, and 8 points on the board (but not, if you see what I mean).

A point a match.

Wouldn't you have thought that a 12 point deduction would've motivated them a bit? Spurred them on, a bit more effort?

Conclusion?

Either the team members aren't talented enough to play in the division - and therefore will/should get relegated anyway - or there's something very, very strange going on behind the scenes...something strange enough to have carried over 2/3 management changes.

How can anyone mention Wednesday and win, at this time?

I can only predict that we'll lose.

I think I can copy and paste this post for the foreseeable future.

I'm disappointed and angry that Monk is still in place.

8 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Yes, I think you're quite right...and not just "fairer/realistic" for the Owls, but also on the team that could/should have climbed a division from L1.

As it is, 8 matches in, and 8 points on the board (but not, if you see what I mean).

A point a match.

Wouldn't you have thought that a 12 point deduction would've motivated them a bit? Spurred them on, a bit more effort?

Conclusion?

Either the team members aren't talented enough to play in the division - and therefore will/should get relegated anyway - or there's something very, very strange going on behind the scenes...something strange enough to have carried over 2/3 management changes.

I wasn't sure at the time wether we were better off just being relegated last season but so far I'm starting to think it would of been better off for it.

These will be fighting for their lives, us however

at least if we can stay up,get rid of monk and his gang and get in a decent manager,before its said they wont come,leeds got a top mam,so did west brom,norwich and wolves you just pay what it costs,as some do want to spend ,others get ,players  no one wants and changes them,some loan the best of loans and sign them if they go up,so all this rubbish a good manager wont come they will if you pay.

He'd be looking forward to it if we had all the center backs available, who wouldn't.  By sounds of it he'll be persisting with 3 center backs even though we barely have any, doesn't want to change the system on a whim.