Sheffield Wednesday V Relegation.

5 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Under league rules, its the 3 sides with the lowest points total that are relegated, not two plus any side that may or may not get a points deduction. To relegate Wednesday without the outcome settled would set too dangerous a precedent.

So the FACT remains it was 6 points and the outcome was correct on all counts.

Any other outcome would contravene their own league rules.

You are correct but I have never said otherwise.

What I have said is other clubs had their cases heard last season but Wednesdays dragged on until the season was over which I find strange.

Nothing else, you seem to be moving the goalposts on your debate.

Edited by Alextopman

10 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

You are correct but I have never said otherwise.

What I have said is other clubs had their cases heard last season but Wednesdays dragged on until the season was over which I find strange.

Nothing else, you seem to be moving the goalposts on your debate.

Ive just stuck to the facts bud,no  ifs no buts just the facts

13 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Ive just stuck to the facts bud,no  ifs no buts just the facts

So have I 100%.

Even if we play as well as Saturday for the rest of the season, a loss at Watford and picking up  14 pts from the rest of the games, would be touch and go . I.M.O.  Hopeful Owl.

Re post 104

I like your style Mick, give Dawson the number nine shirt.

4 hours ago, zakes said:

Re post 104

I like your style Mick, give Dawson the number nine shirt.

I never knew he’d played for Brighton. I remember coming back from somewhere or other and a rumour ran from one end of the train to the other that we’d signed him from Preston for £40k. First of many disillusions where Wednesday are concerned.

The Blades headline in on back page of last night's Star was an unfortunate metaphor:

"Vultures circle over players."

Vultures gather around lifeless carrion.  Or maybe James Shield was intentionally referring to Norwood and Lundstram.

Three home games next, it's uphill but not impossible.

I predicted in August when we started with a 12 point deduction and didn't sign a striker that relegation was almost certain, the season has played out depressingly to the script.

The one consistent this season has been the awful running of the club by the owner...resulting in a points deduction,transfer embargos,players not getting paid,stadium sale,numerous managerial appointments,inevitable relegation and oblivion...

The worst thing is,he wont accept responsibilty for any of it...

Edited by Sheridan1-0

On 10/04/2021 at 12:17, Alextopman said:

Three home games next, it's uphill but not impossible.

They are spozzy enough to stay up but Rotherham play Coventry and Birmingham after they play QPR so teams above the Massive will pick up points making it harder.

Livescore says Rotherham playing Tuesday and Thursday and have 6 matches in 2 weeks to make up the games in hand which might help our little neighbours in south Barnsleys cause 

Guest sibon
25 minutes ago, Bladeinontario said:

They are spozzy enough to stay up but Rotherham play Coventry and Birmingham after they play QPR so teams above the Massive will pick up points making it harder.

Livescore says Rotherham playing Tuesday and Thursday and have 6 matches in 2 weeks to make up the games in hand which might help our little neighbours in south Barnsleys cause 

There’s no hope Canadian Sheffield United supporting person😀.

A double relegation is a certainty for the city. 

Nice to see you though.