Sheffield Wednesday V Relegation.

15 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Yes, fair enough but other clubs cases were dealt with Derby for example, Wednesdays case went on and on. Derby's was a favourable outcome to them.

A 6 point deduction wouldnt have relegated Wednesday last season anyhow, they had 56 points, so Charlton would have still gone down.

44 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

A 6 point deduction wouldnt have relegated Wednesday last season anyhow, they had 56 points, so Charlton would have still gone down.

The original 12pts deduction would have taken them down and would have been impossible to amend.

9 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

The original 12pts deduction would have taken them down and would have been impossible to amend.

Fact is it was 6 points on appeal without any EFL objection. So it would have had to be amended, no matter how messy

1 minute ago, staninoodle said:

Fact is it was 6 points on appeal without any EFL objection. So it would have had to be amended, no matter how messy

Wednesday would have been playing in League one and as said it would have been impossible to amend it mid season to any league advantage. That's a fact, if you'd like to tell me how they could have done different I'd be fascinated to hear how.

2 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Wednesday would have been playing in League one and as said it would have been impossible to amend it mid season to any league advantage. That's a fact, if you'd like to tell me how they could have done different I'd be fascinated to hear how.

Under league rules, its the 3 sides with the lowest points total that are relegated, not two plus any side that may or may not get a points deduction. To relegate Wednesday without the outcome settled would set too dangerous a precedent.

So the FACT remains it was 6 points and the outcome was correct on all counts.

Any other outcome would contravene their own league rules.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Under league rules, its the 3 sides with the lowest points total that are relegated, not two plus any side that may or may not get a points deduction. To relegate Wednesday without the outcome settled would set too dangerous a precedent.

So the FACT remains it was 6 points and the outcome was correct on all counts.

Any other outcome would contravene their own league rules.

You are correct but I have never said otherwise.

What I have said is other clubs had their cases heard last season but Wednesdays dragged on until the season was over which I find strange.

Nothing else, you seem to be moving the goalposts on your debate.

Edited by Alextopman

10 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

You are correct but I have never said otherwise.

What I have said is other clubs had their cases heard last season but Wednesdays dragged on until the season was over which I find strange.

Nothing else, you seem to be moving the goalposts on your debate.

Ive just stuck to the facts bud,no  ifs no buts just the facts

13 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Ive just stuck to the facts bud,no  ifs no buts just the facts

So have I 100%.

Even if we play as well as Saturday for the rest of the season, a loss at Watford and picking up  14 pts from the rest of the games, would be touch and go . I.M.O.  Hopeful Owl.

Re post 104

I like your style Mick, give Dawson the number nine shirt.

4 hours ago, zakes said:

Re post 104

I like your style Mick, give Dawson the number nine shirt.

I never knew he’d played for Brighton. I remember coming back from somewhere or other and a rumour ran from one end of the train to the other that we’d signed him from Preston for £40k. First of many disillusions where Wednesday are concerned.

The Blades headline in on back page of last night's Star was an unfortunate metaphor:

"Vultures circle over players."

Vultures gather around lifeless carrion.  Or maybe James Shield was intentionally referring to Norwood and Lundstram.