Sheffield Wednesday V Relegation.

46 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Don't worry Owls, Things are falling nicely into place to keep you in the Championship.

Derby are in free fall with 5 consecutive defeats and Rotherham currently can't buy a win due to their appallingly congested fixture list.

I can't see Derby getting anything but a loss against Swansea so all you have to do is beat Forest, who have nothing to play for and then win at Derby. Job done. It will feel like you've won the Champion's League!

The only hiccup could be if Rotherham manage to get two wins from Blackburn, Luton and Cardiff but with their recent poor record, I can't see it myself.

The deliverance, which some of you have craved for, happened when 6 points were rescinded from the original 12 deducted.

echo.

That's more or less identical to my post #243.

33 minutes ago, Padders said:

Padders - it's an Echo!

7 hours ago, bassett one said:

well all that said ,how do you compete with many other clubs with millions in parachute payments?the only other way is the wolves way that everyone seems to think is bad,but its stood them in good stead,and they use the same principle even now on occassions,get 5-6 top class players on loan,and dont sign them unless they get promotion,but re- mr chansiri,okay let him go ,but whos going to pay him his money he will want?also he comes from a family of top business people and has spent his cash,trying to get us up and nearly did twice,i will stick to my believe that if he could of spent his own cash as he wished ,we would be up,these unfair rules dont help,but you cannot win with most people as they want the top players,so you need a wealthy owner,and i believe if he had got us up ,he would of spent big ,so we could compete,those that go up with tryers and luck often come down ,because the owners have not got multi millions,he has,if he goes,who else is there out there ,that wants a club with only a few players,a ground that needs millions spending on it ,and a training ground the same,be carefull what you wish for.

Theres little the EFL can do about parachute payments,thats not there policy its the prems.Various forms of restriction have been disscussed and the Prem have KOd every single one.Any heavy handed restrictions would lead to the prem not admitting championship clubs.

Wolves got lucky,had they not gone up that season there is little doubt they would be where Derby, Birmingham and Wednesday are now.

The only way is to build a sustainable club,have a strict wages structure and spending plan that falls within the EFL criteria.

As has been said there are other clubs in and around  the play offs that are very healthy,Brentfords home gates were 9K,that didnt restrict them and their chairman has pumped cash into the club without breaking any rules.

We did what wolves did and vastly overspent both in wages and on recruitment,it didnt pay off and DC failed to act which leaves us in todays position.

we wont go down,we will just make it,i hope ,we always do it the hard way?

5 hours ago, Padders said:

Looking back Padders I think your previous post is #246.

I hope you don't sue me for plagiarism  but they do say 'great minds think alike' and as Thirsty Relic noticed I'm just an echo!

Echo.

9 hours ago, bassett one said:

but the problem sufc had,they didnt spend big money once there ,i believe mr chansiri would of spent big and kept us there,also going up on a low wage bill causes unrest with new signings and means normally more players need replacing to compete,re the hillsbrough ground,its old,well past its best,and not up to the premier league,also the pitch and training ground need big money spent,i cant wait to hear you all shout,i dont like him spending money on that either,why not have faith,hope mr chansiri stays,and gets some good advisers,his familys record in business is top class and i am sure he will sort,hes got to to have any chance of getting his hard earned personal cash back,alternitives he sells and loses millions,then the new owner will have to invest millions and at a time when theres many other better clubs that could be bought for less.

Get some good advisors? He wouldn’t know one if one bit him on the arse.

3 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Looking back Padders I think your previous post is #246.

I hope you don't sue me for plagiarism  but they do say 'great minds think alike' and as Thirsty Relic noticed I'm just an echo!

Echo.

Yes it was #246.

As I've already posted (somewhere) can't believe Derby are favs to stay up.

Tantalizing and unpredictable..

8 hours ago, bassett one said:

we wont go down,we will just make it,i hope ,we always do it the hard way?

Wednesday wont beat Forest,they rarely do at home, Chis Houghton said after the play off semi at S6 he hates Wednesday.

Swansea have already eluded to resting players for the Derby game,they wont go hell for leather they need their best players free from injury or a stupid red card.

If Swansea field a weak team , they should have points deducted its breaking the rules int it .

so the "big 6" can and do do it regularly before European ties with no-one saying a word against them, yet Swansea can't rest players before their play-offs?

5 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

If Swansea field a weak team , they should have points deducted its breaking the rules int it .

Hmmm... :huh:

... if that's true, surely Wednesday would be deducted points every week? ;)

29 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... if that's true, surely Wednesday would be deducted points every week? ;)

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:.  Pure class.