Sheffield Wednesday V Relegation.

10 hours ago, staninoodle said:

He spent money we couldnt afford to spend,noboddy moaned because we all expected that he had done his sums and would have planned longer term how he was going to sort out the mess further down the line,which he hadnt and when that became clear with the published accounts,and it culminated in a points deduction,a huge debt and no ground several embargoes and quite possibly more to follow with the next set of accounts, is when he got faced with angry supporters asking questions he couldnt answer so he turned the blame on his own supporters, the bloke even had the front to call Brentford "an un ambitious club"  despite their plans to build a brand new stadium and having a sustainable club with far better players and coaches than his club.

Every other owner in the divison has seen their clubs through covid, we were one of the few NOT to pay the inflated wages that were HIS decision to pay, he blocked David jones leaving,a player on 30K a week,he went onto play 5 further games for the club,thats not a bad decision thats financial suicide.

Hes turned down offers for players that would have gone a long way to solving the problem hes created.

Barnsleys average wage is 7K the highest paid player is on 9K, weve just re signed Bannan on 27K, so DC hasnt learned a thing, weve flouted the rules,which again DC has ignored.Walk ups rarely come to games because of the prices,shirts are the highest price in the division and executive boxes lay empty for the same reason,me thinks chansiri heard about us all paying 45 quid for the wycombe game when we got promoted and seriously misunderstood the circumstances when he asked us all to stump up £45 for his opening game in charge v bristol city whose fans bombarded the efl and many refused to pay, same with our own fans.

Hes gone through four managers in one season,employed one because he"Liked him" and left the players having to adapt to four separate styles of tactics.

Chansiri has failed to listen to any advice given to him by ex proffessionals that have played the game and or managed clubs themselves because its critical of the job hes done, not one ex player has come out and praised the way he runs the club and that should be enough for anyone.

Despite ALL that money he overspent, he never created a team good enough to challenge for automatic promotion,not even close, wednesday got very lucky against a tired depleted Brighton in one semi, and failed to attack Huddersfield on their own patch to gain an advantage in the other,but never at any stage looked like a side that would go up as champions and were well short.thats poor recruitment.

And its DC that oversees all this and makes these decisions,not any advisor,he signs the contracts and pays the wages,and as club custodian its HIS job alone to make sure we are financially stable, which we arent by a very long way.

Its not inconceivable that this club could go out of business if relegated,it has no assets now and a very a poor squad that will struggle to survive in league one,and the supporters have been MADE disenfranchised, driven out not walked out.

Derby County themselves are on the brink,like us, mismanaged overspent and with a mountain of debt they can not sustain, derby could go to the wall before the new season starts and drop 9 divisions, thats the fate awaiting Wednesday.

That about sums it up. I hoped he'd finally learnt from his mistakes but if that's true about bannan being given a 27k a week contract then that's a worry. Hopefully we aren't too far gone now but he'll have a 6 million quid hole to fill when we more than likely drop, where's that coming from? He can't charge fans anymore than he is already.

I can't fault him with how he's acted throughout covid other than the late wages but I've cut him some slack with that seems he paid non playing staff their full wages, I hope that doesn't come back to bite us. 

well all that said ,how do you compete with many other clubs with millions in parachute payments?the only other way is the wolves way that everyone seems to think is bad,but its stood them in good stead,and they use the same principle even now on occassions,get 5-6 top class players on loan,and dont sign them unless they get promotion,but re- mr chansiri,okay let him go ,but whos going to pay him his money he will want?also he comes from a family of top business people and has spent his cash,trying to get us up and nearly did twice,i will stick to my believe that if he could of spent his own cash as he wished ,we would be up,these unfair rules dont help,but you cannot win with most people as they want the top players,so you need a wealthy owner,and i believe if he had got us up ,he would of spent big ,so we could compete,those that go up with tryers and luck often come down ,because the owners have not got multi millions,he has,if he goes,who else is there out there ,that wants a club with only a few players,a ground that needs millions spending on it ,and a training ground the same,be carefull what you wish for.

9 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well all that said ,how do you compete with many other clubs with millions in parachute payments?the only other way is the wolves way that everyone seems to think is bad,but its stood them in good stead,and they use the same principle even now on occassions,get 5-6 top class players on loan,and dont sign them unless they get promotion,but re- mr chansiri,okay let him go ,but whos going to pay him his money he will want?also he comes from a family of top business people and has spent his cash,trying to get us up and nearly did twice,i will stick to my believe that if he could of spent his own cash as he wished ,we would be up,these unfair rules dont help,but you cannot win with most people as they want the top players,so you need a wealthy owner,and i believe if he had got us up ,he would of spent big ,so we could compete,those that go up with tryers and luck often come down ,because the owners have not got multi millions,he has,if he goes,who else is there out there ,that wants a club with only a few players,a ground that needs millions spending on it ,and a training ground the same,be carefull what you wish for.

Whats wrong with the ground , looks OK to me . Proper togga stadium .I have been to some of the so called super grounds and found them without atmosphere and with seats that have your knees under your chin , stadiums like Goodison Park , Hillsborough .Forest and so on should be  preserved as the last bastions of English football Architecture . ,

29 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i think both Barnsley and United have proved that success is achievable in the Championship without throwing big money at it or trying to compete with those with parachute payments.....

Chansiri has tried,came very close,but hasn't learned from his mistakes and has carried on running the club in such a way that  we have a very bleak outlook ...both on and off the field...

These "unfair rules" apply to all clubs,not just Wednesday....but like most things in life,if you constantly break the rules you get punished..

United have got promoted without throwing millions at it. I think Egan was the most expensive at 4 million then maybe Norwood at about 2 million, the rest were alot less or free unless I'm missing any. Money can help if used wisely, ours hasn't been and we're now paying for it.

I agree the wolves way of loaning players in first is best but I think they had help from the agent of players that were brought in. The way we went about it in his first season was that way of bringing loans in but then that seemed to go out of the window and turned into a disaster.

but the problem sufc had,they didnt spend big money once there ,i believe mr chansiri would of spent big and kept us there,also going up on a low wage bill causes unrest with new signings and means normally more players need replacing to compete,re the hillsbrough ground,its old,well past its best,and not up to the premier league,also the pitch and training ground need big money spent,i cant wait to hear you all shout,i dont like him spending money on that either,why not have faith,hope mr chansiri stays,and gets some good advisers,his familys record in business is top class and i am sure he will sort,hes got to to have any chance of getting his hard earned personal cash back,alternitives he sells and loses millions,then the new owner will have to invest millions and at a time when theres many other better clubs that could be bought for less.

17 minutes ago, bassett one said:

but the problem sufc had,they didnt spend big money once there ,i believe mr chansiri would of spent big and kept us there,also going up on a low wage bill causes unrest with new signings and means normally more players need replacing to compete,re the hillsbrough ground,its old,well past its best,and not up to the premier league,also the pitch and training ground need big money spent,i cant wait to hear you all shout,i dont like him spending money on that either,why not have faith,hope mr chansiri stays,and gets some good advisers,his familys record in business is top class and i am sure he will sort,hes got to to have any chance of getting his hard earned personal cash back,alternitives he sells and loses millions,then the new owner will have to invest millions and at a time when theres many other better clubs that could be bought for less.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I suppose that does rather depend on what you think is "top class".

Maybe you need to have a bit of a read into the history of the Thai fishing industry... :|

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Union_Group

18 minutes ago, bassett one said:

The Chansiri family are very wealthy but DC has nothing to do with the family business ....you do know that he took out a loan not long ago and used Hillsborough as collateral ..?...which,if he defaults on repayments of the loan,leaves Hillsborough potentially falling into to unknown hands...which is another reason to be very concerned over the future of the club...

I appreciate you have a different opinion on DC ...but there's no escaping what's happened to the club  and will continue to happen whilst-ever DC remains .... 

29 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I suppose that does rather depend on what you think is "top class".

Maybe you need to have a bit of a read into the history of the Thai fishing industry... :|

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Union_Group

Well these foreign owners are usually a bit dodgy , some oil their pockets on the back of the poor people ,the trouble is some supporters tend to ignore it when their own clubs are involved.

58 minutes ago, bassett one said:

There's no point bringing the ground or training ground into it. If he wanted to spend 100 million on ground and trading ground improvements he can I believe without it effecting FFP. He wasted millions without having a plan b in place. I hope he comes good but so far you can't blame fans for being concerned at what's happening. 

He's got a 6 million pound hole to fill next season in league 1, that should be interesting.

I'm not anti Chansiri, I hope he has learnt and things improve going forward but I've seen or heard little to give me much confidence of it happening.

Don't worry Owls, Things are falling nicely into place to keep you in the Championship.

Derby are in free fall with 5 consecutive defeats and Rotherham currently can't buy a win due to their appallingly congested fixture list.

I can't see Derby getting anything but a loss against Swansea so all you have to do is beat Forest, who have nothing to play for and then win at Derby. Job done. It will feel like you've won the Champion's League!

The only hiccup could be if Rotherham manage to get two wins from Blackburn, Luton and Cardiff but with their recent poor record, I can't see it myself.

The deliverance, which some of you have craved for, happened when 6 points were rescinded from the original 12 deducted.

echo.

Edited by echo beach

well time will tell,but i always say be carefull what you wish for,i hope he proves you all wrong,i am also pretty sure hand on heart many owls fans will agree that,he gets it right and then we all can be happy.