Sheffield Wednesday V Relegation.

Look on the bright side if they play Cheltenham away mid week in March you could have a day at the races as well.

14 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Edited by Alextopman

I still think that despite other teams seemingly wanting to commit relegation suicide that we'll still somehow blow all the chances being presented to us.

29 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I still think that despite other teams seemingly wanting to commit relegation suicide that we'll still somehow blow all the chances being presented to us.

i think all Wednesday fans have that at the back of there minds, including basset  one.

look on the bright side, in the race to the bottom we are ahead of united.

33 minutes ago, briret said:

look on the bright side, in the race to the bottom we are ahead of united.

Well, we got down as the old 4th Division.  Bet you can't go down as far as that!

8 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Well, we got down as the old 4th Division.  Bet you can't go down as far as that!

Don't rule anything out with our current owner.

here we go blame a owner thats not the answer,hes got us through covid,he nearly got us up,you were all happy to see him buy players ,only other teams could dream of,i believe if he could of run this business,like any other we would be up,but due to rules he cannot spend how he wishs,he may have made mistakes and these have cost him millions,hes been badly advised as well,but hes not a bad man,just someone that wants us in the premier,but restricted by the rules.

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

here we go blame a owner thats not the answer,hes got us through covid,he nearly got us up,you were all happy to see him buy players ,only other teams could dream of,i believe if he could of run this business,like any other we would be up,but due to rules he cannot spend how he wishs,he may have made mistakes and these have cost him millions,hes been badly advised as well,but hes not a bad man,just someone that wants us in the premier,but restricted by the rules.

The fact he’s ignored the rules on a regular basis resulted in the points deduction off the EFL..which will put us in Division 3 ...& that’s just the tip of the iceberg..can’t believe anyone can defend him ...he’s destroying the club ..

25 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

The fact he’s ignored the rules on a regular basis resulted in the points deduction off the EFL..which will put us in Division 3 ...& that’s just the tip of the iceberg..can’t believe anyone can defend him ...he’s destroying the club ..

Hmmm... :huh:

... I've thought exactly this for some time, but not being a Wednesday fan, have not dared post it. ;)

While I really hope for the fans' sake that they can pull off the great escape, it may in the long term be even more detrimental to the club if Mr Tuna still thinks he can do as he pleases and ultimately get away with it.

So, like a seemingly growing number of Wednesday fans, part of me feels that Mr Tuna deserves all he gets and he may even get a bit of a reality check if they do go down - especially if it's only by the points deduction that he himself is the sole cause of.

Unfortunately it'll be the innocent fans that will probably suffer most.

But he'll undoubtedly be hit in the pocket, and the pain may wake him up to the error of his ways...

... let's hope so! :(

A truly horrific thought 

A team like Salford City or Morecambe could come to Hillsborough next season and pick up 3 points 

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

It's entirely his fault, if he'd got the right people in and bought players to fill the positions where we were found wanting in his second season we'd have got automatic promotion, he's spent money but it's been spent appallingly. He's been at the club over 5 years, the "badly advised" excuse doesn't wash anymore I'm afraid.

7 hours ago, bassett one said:

He spent money we couldnt afford to spend,noboddy moaned because we all expected that he had done his sums and would have planned longer term how he was going to sort out the mess further down the line,which he hadnt and when that became clear with the published accounts,and it culminated in a points deduction,a huge debt and no ground several embargoes and quite possibly more to follow with the next set of accounts, is when he got faced with angry supporters asking questions he couldnt answer so he turned the blame on his own supporters, the bloke even had the front to call Brentford "an un ambitious club"  despite their plans to build a brand new stadium and having a sustainable club with far better players and coaches than his club.

Every other owner in the divison has seen their clubs through covid, we were one of the few NOT to pay the inflated wages that were HIS decision to pay, he blocked David jones leaving,a player on 30K a week,he went onto play 5 further games for the club,thats not a bad decision thats financial suicide.

Hes turned down offers for players that would have gone a long way to solving the problem hes created.

Barnsleys average wage is 7K the highest paid player is on 9K, weve just re signed Bannan on 27K, so DC hasnt learned a thing, weve flouted the rules,which again DC has ignored.Walk ups rarely come to games because of the prices,shirts are the highest price in the division and executive boxes lay empty for the same reason,me thinks chansiri heard about us all paying 45 quid for the wycombe game when we got promoted and seriously misunderstood the circumstances when he asked us all to stump up £45 for his opening game in charge v bristol city whose fans bombarded the efl and many refused to pay, same with our own fans.

Hes gone through four managers in one season,employed one because he"Liked him" and left the players having to adapt to four separate styles of tactics.

Chansiri has failed to listen to any advice given to him by ex proffessionals that have played the game and or managed clubs themselves because its critical of the job hes done, not one ex player has come out and praised the way he runs the club and that should be enough for anyone.

Despite ALL that money he overspent, he never created a team good enough to challenge for automatic promotion,not even close, wednesday got very lucky against a tired depleted Brighton in one semi, and failed to attack Huddersfield on their own patch to gain an advantage in the other,but never at any stage looked like a side that would go up as champions and were well short.thats poor recruitment.

And its DC that oversees all this and makes these decisions,not any advisor,he signs the contracts and pays the wages,and as club custodian its HIS job alone to make sure we are financially stable, which we arent by a very long way.

Its not inconceivable that this club could go out of business if relegated,it has no assets now and a very a poor squad that will struggle to survive in league one,and the supporters have been MADE disenfranchised, driven out not walked out.

Derby County themselves are on the brink,like us, mismanaged overspent and with a mountain of debt they can not sustain, derby could go to the wall before the new season starts and drop 9 divisions, thats the fate awaiting Wednesday.

Edited by staninoodle