Sheffield Wednesday V Relegation.

1 minute ago, staninoodle said:

You could through an entire season and an entire seasons outcomes on any given match day and apply that logic,if linesman puts his flag,if wed had a different referee,if so n so hadnt got injured.

The outcome for charlton was they were relegated.If theyd have got a few more decisions their way, had a bit more luck or simply got more points,well theyd have stayed up and someone else would have got relegated, then they would moan about a decision that didnt go their way.........you could go on forever about stuff like that,for every action theres a consequence.

But the fact is that was one of the many decisions that season that saw them relegated.

I'm not talking about on the pitch events, I'm talking about one clubs punishment being delayed and other clubs cases heard in the same season.

26 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I'm not talking about on the pitch events, I'm talking about one clubs punishment being delayed and other clubs cases heard in the same season.

But that wasnt a decision they could control was it, the fact remains, had they won enough points theyd have stayed up wouldnt they, thats a fact.

Every hard luck story starts with an if......but it ends with a fact.

32 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Looking at the fixtures Rotherham still have Birmingham to play which effectively mean Wednesday are at least another one point worse of to both of them or three points worse off to one of them if there's a winner of that game.

Looking at the run in I think Wednesday have more chance of catching Birmingham,  Rotherham will be safe.

It just an opinion.

The way I see it,   Birmingham and Wycombe relegated. Rotherham escape.

That leaves Owls, Coventry, and Derby to fight it out..

Owls 7 points behind Coventry, inferior goal difference.

Owls 8 points behind Derby, but game in hand.

Could go to the wire even yet.

But that wasnt a decision they could control was it, the fact remains, had they won enough points theyd have stayed up wouldnt they, thats a fact.

Every hard luck story starts with an if......but it ends with a fact.

The powers that be could control it Wigan did win enough points to stay up but their case was dealt with in that season, Wednesdays wasn't to me that is unfair and stinks of something more sinister.

Anyway thanks for your debate and I respect your opinion but I think we'll have to agree to disagree, the last time I had a difference of opinion on here I was suspended from the forum so I'll leave it at that.

18 minutes ago, Padders said:

The way I see it,   Birmingham and Wycombe relegated. Rotherham escape.

That leaves Owls, Coventry, and Derby to fight it out..

Owls 7 points behind Coventry, inferior goal difference.

Owls 8 points behind Derby, but game in hand.

Could go to the wire even yet.

I think Derby have a tricky run in but will manage at least 6 points out of their last 8 games, that would mean Wednesday would have to win 5 games out of their last 9 and nothing suggests to me that's going happen.  Similar with Coventry clubs aren't the bottom of the league because they win regularly. It's by no means over though but not looking good.

I've just looked and Derby have Birmingham so then again they both can't lose and also Wednesday at home for their last game so like you said it could be very interesting.

Edited by Alextopman

39 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

The powers that be could control it Wigan did win enough points to stay up but their case was dealt with in that season, Wednesdays wasn't to me that is unfair and stinks of something more sinister.

Anyway thanks for your debate and I respect your opinion but I think we'll have to agree to disagree, the last time I had a difference of opinion on here I was suspended from the forum so I'll leave it at that.

I don't want to get into it too much either but the reason Wigan's was enforced straight away was because they went into administration so no need for an enquiry, straight 12 point deduction when that happens.  It did seem a bit unfair on them though looking at the reasons they went into administration although I can't remember now what they were.

One thing we all can agree on though is the EFL dealings with anything like this is a farce.

The result today doesn't change my thoughts about us going down. We were done for when we lost against Birmingham, if we'd won that then who knows but I think there's too much to do now.

Edited by NERVY-OWL

2 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I don't want to get into it too much either but the reason Wigan's was enforced straight away was because they went into administration so no need for an enquiry, straight 12 point deduction when that happens.  It did seem a bit unfair on them though looking at the reasons they went into administration although I can't remember now what they were.

One thing we all can agree on though is the EFL dealings with anything like this is a farce.

Yes, fair enough but other clubs cases were dealt with Derby for example, Wednesdays case went on and on. Derby's was a favourable outcome to them.

15 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Yes, fair enough but other clubs cases were dealt with Derby for example, Wednesdays case went on and on. Derby's was a favourable outcome to them.

A 6 point deduction wouldnt have relegated Wednesday last season anyhow, they had 56 points, so Charlton would have still gone down.

44 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

A 6 point deduction wouldnt have relegated Wednesday last season anyhow, they had 56 points, so Charlton would have still gone down.

The original 12pts deduction would have taken them down and would have been impossible to amend.

9 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

The original 12pts deduction would have taken them down and would have been impossible to amend.

Fact is it was 6 points on appeal without any EFL objection. So it would have had to be amended, no matter how messy

Fact is it was 6 points on appeal without any EFL objection. So it would have had to be amended, no matter how messy

Wednesday would have been playing in League one and as said it would have been impossible to amend it mid season to any league advantage. That's a fact, if you'd like to tell me how they could have done different I'd be fascinated to hear how.

2 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Wednesday would have been playing in League one and as said it would have been impossible to amend it mid season to any league advantage. That's a fact, if you'd like to tell me how they could have done different I'd be fascinated to hear how.

Under league rules, its the 3 sides with the lowest points total that are relegated, not two plus any side that may or may not get a points deduction. To relegate Wednesday without the outcome settled would set too dangerous a precedent.

So the FACT remains it was 6 points and the outcome was correct on all counts.

Any other outcome would contravene their own league rules.