Sheffield Wednesday V Relegation.

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

2/3rds, behave, not averaged 30,000 for 53 years

A lot of fans live in the past and talk about how big they are, it's easier than facing up to the truth of what's happening now,  I'm sure Bolton wanderers, Sunderland fans will understand but some fans think they have some kind of God given right to be at the top, it's a shame he doesn't play for them or manage them.

When they're second best and they know they are the Uncle Albert routine always comes to the front.

During the war.

Edited by Alextopman

Errm. Not everyone goes to the games. If they did, Wednesday would need a stadium the size of Oklahoma.

I was joking.

I normally joke.

It's 7/10ths really.

70%.

8 hours ago, Alextopman said:

A lot of fans live in the past and talk about how big they are, it's easier than facing up to the truth of what's happening now,  I'm sure Bolton wanderers, Sunderland fans will understand but some fans think they have some kind of God given right to be at the top, it's a shame he doesn't play for them or manage them.

When they're second best and they know they are the Uncle Albert routine always comes to the front.

During the war.

Neither Sheffield club has much to shout about success wise but the Owls have the upperhand, whats happening now is that both teams are very, very poor.

13 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Neither Sheffield club has much to shout about success wise but the Owls have the upperhand, whats happening now is that both teams are very, very poor.

The upper hand now which is what matters now is clearly with the Blades at the moment, both teams are very poor in their respective positions in the football ladder and the rung United are on is far superior and preferential to the one Wednesday are on today.

I am unhappy with my teams league standing at the moment but Wednesday being far worse off doesn't make it any better to me, it does seem to be the other way round for some Wednesday fans on the football pages some seem oblivious to their own plight.

Posts have been removed.

This thread is about SWFC. 

Back on topic now please.

I can't find any real financial records about Chansiri  other than HIS FAMILY are reputedly worth $720m. That's dollars, not pounds. As far as I'm aware, Dejphon isn't listed as part of the fish business, so I'm blind to where he's got his money from. Just how much is he worth? Where's he got it from? If I remember rightly, he's just borrowed £6m or so from an unknown source to get us by.

Doesn't look like he's got very good business sense to me?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

hes a top man,hes invested a huge amount in swfc,everyone was happy when he nearly got us up,the problem is others have huge amounts via parachute payments and we cannot spend,the same,its unfair,but i think he will sort it,hes been a bit silly and tried to run it like a normal business,then got in trouble for not being able to spend what he wants,in any other business ,if you have money ,you can invest as much as you want,its unfair.

So relegated clubs with parachute payments can pretend that that payment is their legitimate income? If that's the case, then it's wrong. That said, it applies to 3 clubs immediately, and what could be 9 clubs over a 9 year period or so. The same club(s) can easily be included more than once. If a club the size of Wednesday can't break through that barrier over that 9 year period, then it's down to poor business, poor Managers and players with limited ability, or more likely, poor attitudes. So what are the rules? Is club spending limited to a percentage of income? Or is there a fixed income for all clubs? Can any club spend whatever it wants to as long as it doesn't lose more than (£39m is it?) over a three year period? Is there another spurious condition I'm not aware of? If one, or all of the criteria are true, then Wednesday should have been competing at the top for many many years. Far too many years actually, as promotion should have happened years ago with great owners, good Managers, great recruitment, and capable players. On the whole, we haven't had them. We've never really had 'the money', and to be honest, I'm not sure I want us to have the money. We've now got an owner who (allegedly) is worth anything from £100m to over a £billion. In that case, we've never been richer, we've only once before, been so vulnerable and are an embarrassment to me, my family, my friends, to Sheffield, and maybe even Yorkshire.

A good few clubs have brushed us aside and gone up to Crazy Land. Good for them, but I don't want to go there.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

the trouble with the parachute payments it makes a unfair playing field,alsothey tend to have more supporters so its two fold ,giving them even more cash,the other problem our man comes from a proper business background,where you can invest to until you get results,ie if he wanted to buy 4 good players at 2 million and 2 great forwards came available that wanted to come say cost 40 million and he thought that would get us up he could spend HIS money,but in this business your not allowed,wolves got round it and i think leeds by getting top players on loan ,on a basis of get us up or we wont sign you,in fact only a few weeks ago they loaned a player,of big expense,but no money to change hands unless he proves himself to them.

Edited by nikki-red

I need my questions answering because I really don't know what the set up is.

You can't keep harking on about money.

Sheff U got promoted on a budget of three shillings and sixpence.

Chansiri has allegedly spent around £150m (very questionable) to take us down.

With his history, and his organisation, he could spend all of his (alleged) £520m on the team, but we'd probably still get the same result.

If he keeps putting his hand in the water, he'll keep getting wet.

Someone wants to give him a rubber glove.

I'm bored, fed up, a Wednesdayite and sitting here wondering when  (not if) my club goes out of business.

Unless summat drastic happens, I'm guessing it will be around 2026 ....... maybe earlier.

While Chansiri fiddles, like Nero.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

i personally would do what wolves did,better long term ect than sufc,they got a top manager,got in hungry young good players,then got in fantastic loans that wanted to play in the prem,then signed them ,sold some that they didnt want from that side and bought/loan first other top players,but to do a chris wilder or a wolves or west brom approach, its is hard for a top business man/woman to take advice,but i believe his heart is in it,but he needs a football director for advice.

I believe wolves had close ties to the agent that represents alot of the players they brought in, the Portuguese lads at least, so I think that's a reason they managed to get such quality in on loan. Now the money's dried up anyway it will be difficult to get quality loans in for next season anyway