Sheffield Wednesday V Relegation.

2 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Relegation confirmed, building for L1 is the order of the day now.

Have to agree with you.

On 23/12/2020 at 00:02, Grappler said:

Said it before, SWFC will stay up this season, almost 100%, only a few of things can derail it, in my opinion.

The main one being, Mester Chancer tinkering around with the players pay packets.  What is he messing around at here?

The players are pretty rubbish, but not bad enough to be bottom three at the end of the season. 

The delayed accounts have to be an issue, over five months late, and I assume, won't be posted until after any transfers in January.   This of course, runs the risk of another EFL run in, and I guess they (the EFL) would be rubbing their hands at having a second crack at SWFC.

Last but not least, Tiny Pulis needs to be able to bring in his own players in January, and not have t'owd Paxo stuffing pulling the strings.

All things considered, you will make 4th from bottom and be safe. 

Is that still your view ?  There might be a new manager bounce yet, last night was his first match, not really his team yet

9 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Relegation confirmed, building for L1 is the order of the day now.

How is relegation confirmed ?

32 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Is that still your view ?  There might be a new manager bounce yet, last night was his first match, not really his team yet

How is relegation confirmed ?

If you think that shambles of a team can stay up your're a braver man than me.

It's hard to judge Moore on that game, not had enough time to adjust much but I think relegation is certain now. Not enough fight in that team, even the draw wasn't enough. I hope we can get in some decent league 1 players next season, dropping to league 2 isn't out of the question if too many of this squad is kept on 

hope we dont go down and hope we have 2 plans in place for next season,but rebuild either way needed

Poor corner from Brown, but he, Börner and Shaw were the only ones who looked like footballers. Wildsmith, Lees, Bannan and Reach should be left out of our next starting eleven (or the squad maybe).

Paterson and Windass tried and got in to some decent scoring positions, but didn't take 'em. Rhodes and Kachunga for me, next match. Palmer is out of sorts at the moment as well. Penney's still wet behind the ears but will have to retain his place, unless my choice for centre half, Uroghide, moves to left back for a few games, but then, who comes in at centre half?  WE NEED 3 GOALKEEPERS. The ones we've got couldn't keep Goldfish. None of 'em.

Darren will sort this shower out, but can he do it quickly enough?

I hope so.

why not put paterson,windass and rhodes up front,play 2 wingers,put brown and bannon in the middle,might be a start.

First 10 minutes last night,the players were acting like kids trying to Impress the New Teacher,that is Brian Laws said about the match last night,Darren went for it putting strikers on near the end,but then didn"t think about getting hit on the break,when Bannan was took off,who took most of the free kicks or corners,nobody want to take the corner,but that from Izzy Brown was shocking with the box full of Owls players,Defence now look a bad,and useless with the ball,Tom Lees is useless in passing the ball,Borner is the best on with the ball,but getting on a bit,Darren Moore as got to start giving more young players a chance in the team,but should Liam Shaw be picked when we know he is leaving us?

Izzy Brown is probably the best player at the club. Shaw is one of our own and should start (and finish) every game.

Brown made one slight mistake, Bannon takes 5 poor corners every game.

Get off Brown's back.

Agree about Lees though. Poor, poor, player.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Izzy Brown is probably the best player at the club. Shaw is one of our own and should start (and finish) every game.

Brown made one slight mistake, Bannon takes 5 poor corners every game.

Get off Brown's back.

Agree about Lees though. Poor, poor, player.

Maybe we might of scored if he had took a better corner but not going to have a go about it costing us 3 points, in the end the draw is as good as a defeat for us at the moment so it is what it is. hopefully he'll of given the players a kick up the backside this week ready for Reading.

On 04/03/2021 at 19:36, NERVY-OWL said:

Maybe we might of scored if he had took a better corner but not going to have a go about it costing us 3 points, in the end the draw is as good as a defeat for us at the moment so it is what it is. hopefully he'll of given the players a kick up the backside this week ready for Reading.

Someone has to wake them up, influence them and inspire them. They're all things they should do as a team, as a unit, between them, but this bunch of no hopers need a Nanny.

IF HE WAKES THEM UP and inspires 'em, we have a 40/60 chance of staying up. If they continue to play like schoolboys, then it's League 1 here we come, and that would be complete humiliation for 2/3rds of Sheffield.

On 06/03/2021 at 12:43, Hotmale 1954 said:

Someone has to wake them up, influence them and inspire them. They're all things they should do as a team, as a unit, between them, but this bunch of no hopers need a Nanny.

IF HE WAKES THEM UP and inspires 'em, we have a 40/60 chance of staying up. If they continue to play like schoolboys, then it's League 1 here we come, and that would be complete humiliation for 2/3rds of Sheffield.

2/3rds, behave, not averaged 30,000 for 53 years

Edited by Ridgewalk