Sheffield Wednesday V Relegation.

On 17/02/2021 at 22:33, Brooker11 said:

Our home form is currently ok, teams in the bottom half of the table won't win every week (see tonights results) if we can keep up the home form and get the odd point away we might just scrape it, just.

Someone forgot to tell the player what the plan was.

4 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Someone forgot to tell the player what the plan was.

Thats why I said "if we can keep up the home form", its over now I've resigned myself to L1, whatever will be will be, I'll still be there when fans can attend again.

Round about Pulis's 2nd week in charge, I posted on here, 'We're going down, points deduction or not'. Summat happened shortly after that that made me reassess my thinking. I saw light at the end of the tunnel. Someone's switched off the light.

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Round about Pulis's 2nd week in charge, I posted on here, 'We're going down, points deduction or not'. Summat happened shortly after that that made me reassess my thinking. I saw light at the end of the tunnel. Someone's switched off the light.

The bulbs gone Hots.

Needs a new bulb, not one of them cheap ones that only last a couple of months,

But one of them expensive long life ones that last a couple of years.

Now we are seeing the Thompson is not a Full time manager with is team selection yesterday,plus Liam Shaw doing the same again ,jumping in with a tackle when already being on a yellow card,as football; is not like it use to be reguarding tackling,you could see the players heads were down an didn"t look like a team eager to win,then Tommo again brings Uchunga on,when he doesn"t look like a player who is going to change the game,Mr Chansiri needs to bring in a manager now,as these players under Tommo do not look very confident in winning a game,as were on the way down now

I don't think Wednesday will be relegated but I may have to reconsider after the 3rd of March.

defo bring in a manager,get that feel good factor and get those accounts published ,before we get more points deducted

If the Owls are relegated (hope not) I can just imagine Mr Bassetts response, summat like this.

"Well we've been relegated chaps, but this is an easy division to get out of,

get a top manager in, do it the Wolves way, and I can't see us losing a game"

(sorry Bass :hihi:)

they would be my words padders exactly,the wolves way is a great way for lower clubs,,the brentford way is good but takes to long,the sufc way is not bad,but unless you  spend big,its a big problem,like theve found out,the other way is build via your youth,but thats outdated and like we have seen with several of our kids they are off for big cash,the main reason i like the wolves way and they have continued that way ,even a few weeks ago signing a top player,again on loan,with a provision to sign him if good enough for the premier,i may be wrong ,but in my mind its the quickest,cheapest route to the promised land,finnally it will only work with a top manager,preferebly foreign as it gives more scope.

The squad isnt strong enough for league 1 let alone the championship.

The problems stem from the il judged spending spree of 2016-17 when around 25M was spent and the wage bill became massively over inflated as did the squad,and all because CC didnt want loan signings

The implications of failure werent added to the budget,and ever since then hes tried to cook the books to cover his tracks,and failed to even get that right and as a result he cant even afford to buy a left back from Crewe,how embarrassing.But thats the price of failure,but rather then come out and hold his hands up,he blames it all on the fans.

Its top dollar for everything,shirts tickets,exec boxes,memberships,the fans bought into his mantra,but hes spent the money unwisely and now he cant afford to pay the wages or buy players,with a squad whose total average goals per season totals 38,that wont win many matches in league one,we need a damn site more than 38 goals to compete or wel end up in league two!

Hes re signed BB because he has a good relationship with him,I just find this really scary,like when he employed Pullis because he liked him.Nowt against bazza but in league one hes a luxury on wages we can il afford.The planning for league one needs to be implemented now,with a plan and direction from the top,a style of play,players to suit the plan,coaches that coach the plan,a manager that will deliver the plan and a recruitment team that fit the plan.

As it stands currently theres nothing from the top,just the re signing of BB and belief he can escape the drop.Im not sure theres many Wednesday fans that share that belief,or have faith in DC to halt the slide hes put us into!

Edited by staninoodle

agree he took a big gamble,hes not the first or will be the last on that one,if it had got us up ,he had the cash to move forward,but hes a top business man,who if he wants to spend 50 million on it he can,but in football rules state you cannot spend your cash as you want,its limited,so when i say the only way forward is loans,the wolves way,i believe it is,but if we kept the full squad inc rhodes on sensible wages,add a few top loans and we are up,but we missed a trick,you can spend big and take those players down a league,but cannot spend big when relegated(i think thats the rule),also i keep on about the accounts where are they?,lets just prey we stay up.

12 hours ago, 1295galaxy said:

Now we are seeing the Thompson is not a Full time manager with is team selection yesterday,plus Liam Shaw doing the same again ,jumping in with a tackle when already being on a yellow card,as football; is not like it use to be reguarding tackling,you could see the players heads were down an didn"t look like a team eager to win,then Tommo again brings Uchunga on,when he doesn"t look like a player who is going to change the game,Mr Chansiri needs to bring in a manager now,as these players under Tommo do not look very confident in winning a game,as were on the way down now

The second was a perfectly good tackle and he clearly won the ball, never a yellow in a million years.