Sheffield Wednesday V Relegation.

2 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Do Wednesday fans think this squad can keep them up if a transfer embargo is put on the club?.

Nope, I can't see it. Even if we stay up what about next season. Going by the reports the finances are shot, we'll struggle to bring in players to make a push for anything unless our scouting system improves big style

well big sam ellis is in charge of looking  for players,problem is he was a fullback,that wont help us for a forward will it?

2 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well big sam ellis is in charge of looking  for players,problem is he was a fullback,that wont help us for a forward will it?

Why not? As a centre half he knows what type of forwards gave him the most trouble.

I think both Blades and Owls will survive.  Pulis has the harder job, as Chris already has our lot pulling in the same direction.  Pulis has already said negative things about his squad.  He will soon sort out those he can work with and who will work with him, and the others will be shown the door.

Said it before, SWFC will stay up this season, almost 100%, only a few of things can derail it, in my opinion.

The main one being, Mester Chancer tinkering around with the players pay packets.  What is he messing around at here?

The players are pretty rubbish, but not bad enough to be bottom three at the end of the season. 

The delayed accounts have to be an issue, over five months late, and I assume, won't be posted until after any transfers in January.   This of course, runs the risk of another EFL run in, and I guess they (the EFL) would be rubbing their hands at having a second crack at SWFC.

Last but not least, Tiny Pulis needs to be able to bring in his own players in January, and not have t'owd Paxo stuffing pulling the strings.

All things considered, you will make 4th from bottom and be safe. 

22 hours ago, Grappler said:

Said it before, SWFC will stay up this season, almost 100%, only a few of things can derail it, in my opinion.

The main one being, Mester Chancer tinkering around with the players pay packets.  What is he messing around at here?

The players are pretty rubbish, but not bad enough to be bottom three at the end of the season. 

The delayed accounts have to be an issue, over five months late, and I assume, won't be posted until after any transfers in January.   This of course, runs the risk of another EFL run in, and I guess they (the EFL) would be rubbing their hands at having a second crack at SWFC.

Last but not least, Tiny Pulis needs to be able to bring in his own players in January, and not have t'owd Paxo stuffing pulling the strings.

All things considered, you will make 4th from bottom and be safe. 

I don't know if the wages thing is something that's been blown out of proportion, all the staff at SWFC were paid in full through lockdowns etc, the club currently has very little revenue, it looks like the club is paying each player £7k with the rest topped up by DC himself, none of the players seemed to be bothered by this if their celebrations of Tom Lees's goal on Saturday and their some players subsequent interviews where they say they are happy to sign new contracts.

I'm not as confident of staying up as you are.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

I don't know if the wages thing is something that's been blown out of proportion, all the staff at SWFC were paid in full through lockdowns etc, the club currently has very little revenue, it looks like the club is paying each player £7k with the rest topped up by DC himself, none of the players seemed to be bothered by this if their celebrations of Tom Lees's goal on Saturday and their some players subsequent interviews where they say they are happy to sign new contracts.

I'm not as confident of staying up as you are.

According to the press, it was the players (some of them) who asked the PFA to get involved in the matter, which sounds like at least some of them are concerned.

I am confident you will stay up, although the latest late accounts episode means there is a chance of fireworks at some point.

I actually think you would have been better taking the 12 points hit, going down, re-grouping properly, and building a hungry, cohesive team, but can understand why not everyone thinks that way.

9 hours ago, Grappler said:

According to the press, it was the players (some of them) who asked the PFA to get involved in the matter, which sounds like at least some of them are concerned.

I am confident you will stay up, although the latest late accounts episode means there is a chance of fireworks at some point.

I actually think you would have been better taking the 12 points hit, going down, re-grouping properly, and building a hungry, cohesive team, but can understand why not everyone thinks that way.

On your last point I wouldn’t trust the current to rebuild or regroup anything, relegation would be a disaster.

On 24/12/2020 at 09:25, Brooker11 said:

On your last point I wouldn’t trust the current to rebuild or regroup anything, relegation would be a disaster.

Yeah, fair point.  

On 22/12/2020 at 18:55, Jim Hardie said:

Why not? As a centre half he knows what type of forwards gave him the most trouble.

Yes, if memory serves every centre forward Sam faced gave him trouble.

Owls will stay up the next three games are crucial...win them then anythings poss but of course they will be fighting too stay in the league..

Whatever if they don't lose those three games you have more than a chance...

I need you to stay l enjoy the banter with my stepsons...at times 😀