Sheffield Wednesday V Relegation.

The Owls are now becoming a not very funny joke, Blades haven't won a game, yet still get positive comments, Why, because they go out on to the pitch and give it their all..

If Wednesday lost every game but gave it their all, fans would accept that..

As things stand Owls performances are dire, not bothered, couldn't care less attitude..

Sorry but relegation looms.

yes he said he could see no reason why we couldnt make the top 6,at this rate we will be relegated by easter,hes out of his depth,we have given him his back room staff,his choice of players and what happens is this rubbish ,other managers drool at what hes allowed to spend on wages,that west brom forward scored for millwall,but we didnt get him,get shut asap,get in Mcarthy,bugs bunny or anyone except this man.

11 highly paid professional's on that pitch, and they can't perform to the standards required..

Why, I just can't figure it out..

Gary Monk is not a mug, he knows his football..

Wednesday were a "Massive" club back in the 60s,  not any more, but they are still a big club, should be beating the likes of Brentford, Luton, and little Rotherham.. lose at Wycombe, and I despair...... What on earth has gone wrong at Hillsboro ?

I was driving home half listening to praise or grumble on Radio Sheffield when they went to interview the then Wednesday manager David Pleat, my 10 year old son said to me "dad just listen to him he talks rubbish". I listened for the next few minutes, to Pleat avoiding questions and answering other questions that were not even asked.That made my mind up for me I wasn't going to give them any more of my money its too hard to come by.  I have weakened once or twice over the intervening years but I don't see any light at the end of a very dark tunnel. 

3 hours ago, Padders said:

11 highly paid professional's on that pitch, and they can't perform to the standards required..

Why, I just can't figure it out..

Gary Monk is not a mug, he knows his football..

Wednesday were a "Massive" club back in the 60s,  not any more, but they are still a big club, should be beating the likes of Brentford, Luton, and little Rotherham.. lose at Wycombe, and I despair...... What on earth has gone wrong at Hillsboro ?

Wednesday are just going through a bad time in their history, football is cyclical, it will change, you have to stand by your club. The 60s were a long time ago.

we did well in the 90s ,in fact got to know the m1 to wembley  very well,some great days especially when we stopped man utd,well worth the travel just to see alex fergusions face,we will be back,just need a top manager ,who knows what this leagues all about,theres loads that have bought well and gone up,others just got a few hard workers and skill full forwards,some just got top loans like wolves,but the secret every time was a top manager.

WWent to Wembley in 1966 as a fifteen year old, my dad got me a ticket on the Friday before the match from a mate who had been working on the west stand. The club had given them 4 tickets between them. I left the ground refusing to watch Everton doing their lap of honour I was devastated. I was still going  to the games in the early nineties and  and saw that great victory in the league cup. What a win that was.

I also went to Wembley for. the two cup finals against Arsenal. We had another couple of good seasons in the following two years (pundits on Five live even tipped Wednesday for the title) Unfortunately it didn't go on from there. Football has been cyclical but the money in the Premier league is making the jump to the premier league farmore difficult .

I listen to football heaven every night, Barnsley, Rotherham, Sheff Utd, Donny Rovers, the first 3 are not pulling any trees up at the moment, yet they all get positives comments from the callers. 

The Owls, arguably the biggest club in SY. get nothing but negative comments..

Due to covid the fans cannot show their disapproval of Gary Monk, otherwise I think he would be gone now.

A lot of changes need making, and quickly.. The trap door is well and truly ajar.

Owls have more points than the Blades, yet moan!  If you keep on as you are doing, you will stay up (despite the points deduction), regroup and hopefully have the crowds behind you to do better next season.  The manager will be more experienced, so what's the issue?

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Owls have more points than the Blades, yet moan!  If you keep on as you are doing, you will stay up (despite the points deduction), regroup and hopefully have the crowds behind you to do better next season.  The manager will be more experienced, so what's the issue?

4 defeats in a row, possibly 5 tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Padders said:

4 defeats in a row, possibly 5 tomorrow.

I meant that, without the points deduction you wouldn't be in the relegation zone.  Without the red cards, you would probably have more points as well.  Still early days....

7 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I meant that, without the points deduction you wouldn't be in the relegation zone.  Without the red cards, you would probably have more points as well.  Still early days....

It is, lets hope they can turn things around.. But on current form It's looking dire.

Having had a good moan, watch em win tomorrow.