Ear Wax

On 15/11/2020 at 13:17, cressida said:

pattricia,  I wondered if blocked ear/s could have an effect on balance

Yep, I'm suffering at the moment as my ears are blocked.

On 15/11/2020 at 21:18, redruby said:

Earwax can cause dizziness. I’m not sure how common this is though.  It can also cause tinnitus. I was so pleased this stopped after syringing!

Yep, shows how important syringing is, and why it should be available on the NHS.

On 15/11/2020 at 13:17, cressida said:

pattricia,  I wondered if blocked ear/s could have an effect on balance

Absolutely.!  Sorry Cressy only just seen your post.

Edited by pattricia

On 22/11/2020 at 19:57, Anna B said:

Yep, shows how important syringing is, and why it should be available on the NHS.

Yes it should be. But apparently a lot of GP practices don’t do this as ‘ears clean themselves’!!!! Oh, I must have completely imagined all that discomfort, muffled hearing and tinnitus before they had been syringed then! 

Has anyone heard of Q-Grips or tried them?

13 hours ago, cressida said:

Has anyone heard of Q-Grips or tried them?

As Padders says, post 16.

Save your money, Cressida....and possibly your hearing!

Dreadful things - don't work, nasty idea and design.

After I wrote 16, I tried to get a refund from the seller in the US.

I got very polite and quick replies - in fact, I couldn't fault their procedures - but I was eventually given a choice...

I could return them at my expense, wait for them to be delivered, then wait for the refund to be processed - an estimated 6-8 weeks....or accept a 60% refund straightaway.

As mine were already in the bin, I chose the latter, and indeed got a 60% refund within a couple of days (through PayPal)

I've since read that this is their "business plan"!

They know the product is rubbish; they know you'll probably complain and request a refund.

They then list all the aspects of returning them - queuing at the post office, paying for them to be sent, and the massive delay whilst they "check" the goods, etc., etc.

Having hiked the price to start with, they're fairly certain that the majority of claimants will go for the 60% option, and therefore they retain 40% of the sales price for doing absolutely nothing!

The items themselves must cost pence to make....if that.

Keep your money, buy some ear drops instead!

The first time I saw them for sale was in the States,  I got an email saying the website was unsafe,  with postage the item was £31+,  I then saw they were for sale in the UK for under £6.00!

6 hours ago, cressida said:

The first time I saw them for sale was in the States,  I got an email saying the website was unsafe,  with postage the item was £31+,  I then saw they were for sale in the UK for under £6.00!

Correct...and that's £5.99 too much!

Had an interesting encounter at my doctors; He told me my ears needed syringing and to get an appointment with the nurse on the way out. 

At the desk the receptionist said, no they couldn't do it until they got the got permission from the government. 

So a) the doctor who worked there didn't know, and b) it seems to be a government thing. 

Anyone else had this response or have they been able to get them done at the doctors recently?

Edited by Anna B

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Had an interesting encounter at my doctors; He told me my ears needed syringing and to get an appointment with the nurse on the way out. 

At the desk the receptionist said, no they couldn't do it until they got the got permission from the government. 

So a) the doctor who worked there didn't know, and b) it seems to be a government thing. 

Anyone else had this response or have they been able to get them done at the doctors recently?

Permission from the government to have your ears syringed?!

Methinks either the receptionist was (a) pulling your leg, or (b) needs a hearing aid herself!