Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Ear Wax

Recommended Posts

Earwax can cause dizziness. I’m not sure how common this is though.  It can also cause tinnitus. I was so pleased this stopped after syringing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/11/2020 at 13:17, cressida said:

pattricia,  I wondered if blocked ear/s could have an effect on balance

Yep, I'm suffering at the moment as my ears are blocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/11/2020 at 21:18, redruby said:

Earwax can cause dizziness. I’m not sure how common this is though.  It can also cause tinnitus. I was so pleased this stopped after syringing!

Yep, shows how important syringing is, and why it should be available on the NHS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/11/2020 at 13:17, cressida said:

pattricia,  I wondered if blocked ear/s could have an effect on balance

Absolutely.!  Sorry Cressy only just seen your post.

Edited by pattricia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2020 at 19:57, Anna B said:

Yep, shows how important syringing is, and why it should be available on the NHS.

Yes it should be. But apparently a lot of GP practices don’t do this as ‘ears clean themselves’!!!! Oh, I must have completely imagined all that discomfort, muffled hearing and tinnitus before they had been syringed then! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cressida said:

Has anyone heard of Q-Grips or tried them?

As Padders says, post 16.

Save your money, Cressida....and possibly your hearing!

Dreadful things - don't work, nasty idea and design.

After I wrote 16, I tried to get a refund from the seller in the US.

I got very polite and quick replies - in fact, I couldn't fault their procedures - but I was eventually given a choice...

I could return them at my expense, wait for them to be delivered, then wait for the refund to be processed - an estimated 6-8 weeks....or accept a 60% refund straightaway.

As mine were already in the bin, I chose the latter, and indeed got a 60% refund within a couple of days (through PayPal)

I've since read that this is their "business plan"!

They know the product is rubbish; they know you'll probably complain and request a refund.

They then list all the aspects of returning them - queuing at the post office, paying for them to be sent, and the massive delay whilst they "check" the goods, etc., etc.

Having hiked the price to start with, they're fairly certain that the majority of claimants will go for the 60% option, and therefore they retain 40% of the sales price for doing absolutely nothing!

The items themselves must cost pence to make....if that.

Keep your money, buy some ear drops instead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first time I saw them for sale was in the States,  I got an email saying the website was unsafe,  with postage the item was £31+,  I then saw they were for sale in the UK for under £6.00!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cressida said:

The first time I saw them for sale was in the States,  I got an email saying the website was unsafe,  with postage the item was £31+,  I then saw they were for sale in the UK for under £6.00!

Correct...and that's £5.99 too much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Had an interesting encounter at my doctors; He told me my ears needed syringing and to get an appointment with the nurse on the way out. 

At the desk the receptionist said, no they couldn't do it until they got the got permission from the government. 

So a) the doctor who worked there didn't know, and b) it seems to be a government thing. 

Anyone else had this response or have they been able to get them done at the doctors recently?

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Had an interesting encounter at my doctors; He told me my ears needed syringing and to get an appointment with the nurse on the way out. 

At the desk the receptionist said, no they couldn't do it until they got the got permission from the government. 

So a) the doctor who worked there didn't know, and b) it seems to be a government thing. 

Anyone else had this response or have they been able to get them done at the doctors recently?

Permission from the government to have your ears syringed?!

Methinks either the receptionist was (a) pulling your leg, or (b) needs a hearing aid herself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.