Rotherham United V Sheffield Wednesday

16 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

That maybe so, but his four year contract was up and he chose not to accept the new one he was offered.

When was his four year contract up ? Is he on a game to game one now?.

I thought his contract finished in 2021 according to Gary Monk.

Edited by Alextopman

46 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

When was his four year contract up ? Is he on a game to game one now?.

I thought his contract finished in 2021 according to Gary Monk.

Jim is talking about Fletcher, not Rhodes. Rhodes contract is up this summer(thank god), so he'll have to accept reduced terms if he's even offered a new one.

2 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Jim is talking about Fletcher, not Rhodes. Rhodes contract is up this summer(thank god), so he'll have to accept reduced terms if he's even offered a new one.

I doubt they'll want to retain him.

bet where ever he goes the goals returned,like they did at norwich,where he did fantastic in every way,rhodes scores were ever he goes except us ,but lets hope he comes into favour,gets a proper chance and scores some this season,but we will surely get 6 points in the next 2 games,on another subject hi mooks,hope your wife gets better,youve had it rough for to long all the best.

On 26/10/2020 at 23:35, Jim Hardie said:

The one who decided Fletcher should go free was Fletcher.

Correct, Fletcher is a good Championship striker but he was off when he got the chance, Monk needs players willing to fight in a relegation battle because that's what it's going to be, the best striker we have had in recent seasons is now banging them in for Reading, be ironic if he helps to get them promoted this season.

2 hours ago, Michael_W said:

Correct, Fletcher is a good Championship striker but he was off when he got the chance, Monk needs players willing to fight in a relegation battle because that's what it's going to be, the best striker we have had in recent seasons is now banging them in for Reading, be ironic if he helps to get them promoted this season.

Anything less than 3 points for Wednesday will be a shocking result they have a decent chance IMO the game could go either way and Wednesday do have more success away from home.

the owls will win 3-0 in both this and wycombe game easy

On 27/10/2020 at 12:09, Mooks said:

Hi guys been long time.....surely 6pts next two games...

Trying to keep positive my wifes seriously ill with everything going hospital thursday see what and why shes so ill....not covid though...

good luck guys...

Oh that sucks Mooks, hope it turns out to be very treatable and all goes well bud. Some things are much more important than football.

We are in for a fight for our lives this season. I looked at the list of fixtures and worked out that if we were above 3 points (ie. 17...) before meeting Bournemouth (ie. the tenth game of the season and first in November) we'd be in with a good chance of mid-table. If we beat Rovrum and Wycombe we'll be on 2. 

If we only win one of these two, we'll still be -1, I can't see us beat Bournemouth, Millwall always make it tricky for us at Hillsborough, we'd possibly get 3 at PNE but they've been a bogey team in recent years and then a loss at Swansea... we could only have 2 points total going up against Stoke at the end of November and then entering the crazy December where injuries/fatigue will come into play - we have a narrow squad... 

So to me, both this and Saturday are must wins. 

On 27/10/2020 at 12:09, Mooks said:

Hi guys been long time.....surely 6pts next two games...

Trying to keep positive my wifes seriously ill with everything going hospital thursday see what and why shes so ill....not covid though...

good luck guys...

Some things are more important than football. Can I wish her a quick recovery. Stay strong.

Tonight's line up at Rotherham, 3 changes to Saturdays team.

Elb7TmHXgAUBu1E?format=jpg&name=small