Advice Required On How To Set About Decluttering?

Mods (feel free to move this if in wrong location)

Frankly I've come to the conclusion I need some help advice or great suggestions on how to go about Decluttering? House

Believe me When I say I'm too close emotionally to my Parents Stuff, my stuff...

I've tried selling it, tried giving it away, but still feel it's still of some value.

Plus a Business Opportunity for someone Younger!

Constructive Suggestions here please?

I found by asking myself have I used it in x amount of time then am I likely to use it ,if not it’s time for it to go 

Do not be seduced into thinking that something you've had for years is of any value to anyone else. I have reluctantly given away many things on Freegle and on here which I considered valuable but on searching for similar items found the only worth was my memories.

I have a garage which doesn't help with decluttering as I use it as a way station en route to Freegle or the tip.

if you have valuable stuff or think you have,check out ebay,if not sure ring a local auction house as they love to put fresh goods in there sales as they make money as well as you,good luck

If you're finding it hard to part with stuff try taking a photo of it as a way of committing it to memory. And then give it to charity where it will be of benefit, and give said object a chance to be loved again by someone else.

I agree auction is a good idea.  Don’t auction anything that is only worth a few quid though as you won’t make anything after listing fee and commission.  PA  jewellery give a fair price for gold - likely to be better than auction where you have to allow for sellers fee and bidders will allow for buyers commission.  You can get rid of a lot of cheap stuff at car boot sales when they start up again.

I chose my share of things from my parents house when they passed , and this gave me an amount of comfort, but as time goes on I gradually find that I don't really want it. Although there is some guilt attached, I am starting to pass it on and let someone else make use of it.

The general advice is, only keep things that give you joy; that you know to be useful or believe to be beautiful 

I think you have summed it beautifully!

I have stuff from my parents, uncles, In-laws etc, my dad was a certain clutter bug, this item might come in useful for a repair! Where I seem to have inherited that trait, I have started to let go, only this week I binned a Laser Printer it was painful to let it go...as it's just things..

You should keep a few special pieces to remember your parents by. But everything else is just stuff. They would want you to have a house that was comfortable to live in, not cluttered with their stuff. Sell what you can, and recycle the rest.