Rip Off Britain

Not being ageist but I think its time for Gloria ect to retire and give three budding youngens a chance to liven it up,  the programme seems worn out and dull,  the three who present at the moment have had fantastic careers, I think they should get down the post office once a week and draw their pensions, not as though they need it.  :roll:

I have been saying exactly the same for a couple of years and also wondering why it takes 3 of them to present the program.

Get some newbies on or Matt from watchdog (without the motor bike gimmicks).

Newbies would be best because all we see are the same old faces.

Wake up BBC before you finally die.

Apart from the presenters issue (totally agree with comments), the reason I don't watch it is that it doesn't tell you who it is investigating until most of the way through the program. 

Even with the aid of recording it and fast forwarding, its too much of a pain.  It may start by saying it's investigating an energy company, a delivery company and a sweets brand - it may even say what it says they've done, but it's only late in the program when they focus on the energy company do they say which one it is.  I've given up with it - I'm interested in companies I deal with or may shortly be dealing with, not the rest, and I'm not spending time trying to wade through footage in case there is something of interest.

If you look at the time the programme is aired & the main target audience, I'd say it's aimed at the 60+, given all the warnings about scams / consumer advice, then that's why you have the 3 older presenters. 

They are faces the target audience are familiar with to provide advice as though they are talking to 'friends'.  They also aren't given to histrionics or SHOUTY presentation. 

Change the time of the programme to the evening & you have something more hard hitting like 'Watchdog'.  

Wouldn't expect to see Honeyford, Summer ville or Rippon, running down the road shouting at a cowboy builder. 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

If you look at the time the programme is aired & the main target audience, I'd say it's aimed at the 60+, given all the warnings about scams / consumer advice, then that's why you have the 3 older presenters. 

They are faces the target audience are familiar with to provide advice as though they are talking to 'friends'.  They also aren't given to histrionics or SHOUTY presentation. 

Change the time of the programme to the evening & you have something more hard hitting like 'Watchdog'.  

Wouldn't expect to see Honeyford, Summer ville or Rippon, running down the road shouting at a cowboy builder. 

I think it’s an excellent programme and think it would get even more viewing figures if repeated in the evening. However, three overdressed pensioners is a bit too much, so Angela Rippon could handle the programme on her own.

On 23/10/2020 at 09:41, Organgrinder said:

I have been saying exactly the same for a couple of years and also wondering why it takes 3 of them to present the program.

Get some newbies on or Matt from watchdog (without the motor bike gimmicks).

Newbies would be best because all we see are the same old faces.

Wake up BBC before you finally die.

BBC is already dead,it will never make a comeback.

We have Gino Decampo doing Family Fortunes, I reckon Gordon Ramsey should do this show, he certainly would rip into the wrong doers, :hihi:

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

We have Gino Decampo doing Family Fortunes, I reckon Gordon Ramsey should do this show, he certainly would rip into the wrong doers, :hihi:

Well at least we would be able to understand what he was saying ! 

15 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Well at least we would be able to understand what he was saying ! 

Yes inbetween the bleeps.  :gag:  :hihi:

A bugbear of mine is the programme  Rip Off Britain  BBC 1 with the Three Stooges.  ( Julia Somerville, Gloria Hunniford and Angela Rippon. )       One good thing about the Covid lockdown is that it has proved the programme can still be produced without all three of the presenters gallivanting off on jollies to Tenerife, Lanzarote etc for no good reason.    Next thing to do is get rid of two of the presenters,  one person could do the job, after all it's the background people who do the investigative work etc.   It would save a huge amount

of money.     Rant over.       😤

28 minutes ago, francypants said:

A bugbear of mine is the programme  Rip Off Britain  BBC 1 with the Three Stooges.  ( Julia Somerville, Gloria Hunniford and Angela Rippon. )       One good thing about the Covid lockdown is that it has proved the programme can still be produced without all three of the presenters gallivanting off on jollies to Tenerife, Lanzarote etc for no good reason.    Next thing to do is get rid of two of the presenters,  one person could do the job, after all it's the background people who do the investigative work etc.   It would save a huge amount

of money.     Rant over.       😤

I agree. I like the programme, but don’t need three presenters dressed up to the eyeballs !

On 24/10/2020 at 13:49, pattricia said:

I think it’s an excellent programme and think it would get even more viewing figures if repeated in the evening. However, three overdressed pensioners is a bit too much, so Angela Rippon could handle the programme on her own.

Angela Rippon is my choice too