Rip Michael Maw (Harleyman)

Its with a sad heart that I have to report that my very old friend Michael Maw (Harleyman) passed away after a long illness. I attended Hucklow Road School with Mike and then Mike attended Hindhouse school. We lost touch for many years but met again and for the past 20 years have been close pals. We talked about the old days, places and friends for hours, he often said he still loves Susan Arundel just to make me jealous. 

Mike kept strong until the end and I'll miss him greatly. Rest in peace my old pal. 

Mike's funeral will be held at Hutcliffe Wood Friday 23 Oct. Send a prayer for Mike his wife Kim, daughter Becky and granddaughter Heidi. 

Edited by nikki-red

So sad to hear this news.  I used to live next door to him and his family in the 60/70's at Firth Park

RIP Michael.

So very sad Alan to hear of your dear friend Michael's passing.  We all knew him as a little boy, and you, me and our sister Hilary met up with you and Michael a couple years ago for a lovely lunch.  It was lovely reminiscing about the old days, and I am  very sorry we won’t be able to repeat it. RIP Michael, it was lovely knowing you.