Party Wall Act And Leasehold properties

Hi

I’m building a single storey extension to the rear of my property. A party wall act notification should be given I think in respect of the boundary (though this is unclear to me, do I need to or not?). My questions a lease hold property, should this be issued to my neighbour or the freeholder? 
What is the ramifications of not giving notice?

Thanks

On 22/10/2020 at 19:53, Gza66 said:

Hi

I’m building a single storey extension to the rear of my property. A party wall act notification should be given I think in respect of the boundary (though this is unclear to me, do I need to or not?). My questions a lease hold property, should this be issued to my neighbour or the freeholder? 
What is the ramifications of not giving notice?

Thanks

To  the owner of your free hold before you start as he may charge you 

Make sure you go through planning and building control 

i would tell your neighbour what you intend to do  see if hes okay with it as there is things like light issues if you got a bad neighbour

Edited by spider1

On 23/10/2020 at 14:52, spider1 said:

To  the owner of your free hold before you start as he may charge you 

Make sure you go through planning and building control 

i would tell your neighbour what you intend to do  see if hes okay with it as there is things like light issues if you got a bad neighbour

No, a PWA Notice does not need to be served on L (your landlord- prob. freehold reversioner).

Read your lease to decide if you need L's consent to what is proposed.

But a PWA Notice will need to be served on each owner (leaseholder and freehold reversioner) of each property affected by the works. Yes, those links are very useful.