Currys / Knowhow Diabolical Service

Could you not get it fixed elsewhere and claim the expenses from them? Gets you up and running at least. 

Last place to buy anything from.  / shame the choice is so limited unless you go online

I had a bad experience a couple of years ago with them. 
I bought an expensive camera instore that had a cash back offer advertised, when I applied online for the cash back it said the offer had ended.

I queried this and the store said the point of sale should have been removed a week earlier and I couldn’t get the cash back, no apology for their poor standards.

I complained to customer services and they were apologetic but said the store manager (at Meadowhall retail park) refused to answer emails or even telephone calls from them about it and there was nothing else they could do.

Breathtakingly bad customer service so I won’t buy from them again.

I would never buy anything that cost more than £50  in that shop,  and I would  have to be desperate.  They are well known for bad customer service.   

I'm disappointed to read this.  I normally buy from Argos and Currys if I can get the product I want from there and it's priced reasonably.  This is because I have been extremely impressed with their aftersales service and guarantees.  I've had a laptop screen broken and Currys were excellent and timely in resolving this.  It came back like a new laptop.  I've had them out for a few kitchen appliances and they've been very good.  They have been world's apart from the appalling service I have received from John Lewis - who I have vowed to never buy from again.  So, I hope that this is a lockdown issue and that a better service will resume after lockdown/the pandemic (fingers crossed).  

That said, I do feel that some businesses are using lockdown/the pandemic as an excuse to deliver services well below par and charge over the odds.

I'm sorry to read that you've had this disappointing response, especially when it seems you have been more than fair and patient with them.  From posts on here it seems the 'overbooking' excuse may even be policy!