Currys / Knowhow Diabolical Service

I would just like to make everyone aware of the Diabolical way we have been treated by Currys / Knowhow. 

We have a Hoover Washing machine that we purchased from Currys, Drakehouse, Crystal Peaks, I pay for a monthly breakdown service, and the Washer broke down  on Friday 25th of September, my wife phoned knowhow to report the breakdown and was told someone would get back to confirm a repair date, she got a text message on Monday 28th to say someone would do the repair on Wednesday 30th September, she then got another message later the same day to say the repair has been cancelled due to being overbooked,  we could not accept another date they offered for the following week because we were away for a short break that we had booked after suffering 2 tragic deaths in the family. 

This would be the 6th repair for this washing machine,  so we have asked for it to be written off (you can ask for this after 3 repairs)  We have been passed from pillar to post by various different people, we have had the phone conversation cut off mid call and been given false information from various members of the Currys team, Simon, the branch manager is the only person who has got things moving a little, but even he can not give me someone's personal email address, so we just get passed from one to another.

We have now been without a washer for 4 weeks and feel that legal action may be the only way forward, does anyone have any information that may be beneficial. 

Thanks for reading. 

Put it in the back of your car and take it down to the shop - wheel it inside and leave them with it...

And then ask for a replacement giving your explanation as above.

Curry’s were mentioned on RIP Off Britain this morning on BBC1. A lot of customers either couldn’t get through over the phone or were left with emails unanswered. Mostly were about unsatisfactory goods like yourself. The advice was to take them to the small claims court, but as soon as Currys realised that they were going to be mentioned on tv they settled the customers complaint.

I would tell a few white lies and mention to them that you have been in touch with the tv programme Rip Off Britain and Im sure they will settle your complaint. They don’t like bad publicity especially on tv.! 

Thanks Pattricia,  that's interesting to know, I have been back in to the shop at tea time and they are useless, they can't even give me an email address apart from the one for customer service, which is a waste of time because I have already tried it and it took them 2 weeks to reply saying they needed more information, I am waiting for someone to get back to me but I am not holding my breath. 

But they did offer you a repair appointment that you turned down. Difficult times for many at this time.

We did NOT turn down an appointment, we told them we had already booked a break away as it says in my post, we just wanted another suitable time, it was them who cancelled our appointment 

14 minutes ago, mac09 said:

We did NOT turn down an appointment, we told them we had already booked a break away as it says in my post, we just wanted another suitable time, it was them who cancelled our appointment 

I think I’d put together a list of all of your expenses caused by the defective machine. I’d include time, phone calls, laundry costs and  inconvenience. 

Send it to customer complaints and give them seven days to respond. If they don’t, you then have a definite sum that you can pursue them for in small claims court.

We had this a few weeks ago. Hoover Washer not working rang and got an appointment ,which was then cancelled by them (overbooked).  Got another appointment, Engineer turned up and diagnosed problem, it needed new parts.  Received a message , parts are in stock , Engineer will call on  ? whatever date it was. This was then cancelled by text and another date supplied. They did turn up and fit the new part. So far so good . Fingers crossed.

i had a similar problem with curry's a few months ago with a £2000 tv i was getting fobbed off on the phone and told me they wouldn't do the repair, i was advised by a lady at citizens advice to write a letter of complaint to the CEO of currys i did this and within 2 weeks i had a new replacement so maybe you should try this, good luck if you need anymore details get in touch

Thanks for that info, I have had a phone call today saying they have not forgot about my case, but it could be 7  - 10 days to process the write off, I can't wait that long, so I may have to go and buy one elsewhere, and then go to small claims court to settle this. 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

10 minutes ago, mac09 said:

Thanks for that info, I have had a phone call today saying they have not forgot about my case, but it could be 7  - 10 days to process the write off, I can't wait that long, so I may have to go and buy one elsewhere, and then go to small claims court to settle this. 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Have a word with them on Twitter. Big companies don’t like their dirty washing in public and it might speed things up a bit.