Council Rant

20 hours ago, Lancs_Lad said:

I've just had the lib dem pamphlet through the door.  I didn't realise that all council decisions since March have been made by 1 person due to the council invoking emergency measures. Amongst other things they are giving 16 million pounds back to central Government in unspent business support schemes that could have gone to local causes like other councils have done, Sheffield Council Tax payers have also bailed out Scarborough Leisure facilities (run by SCT), and £33,000 was wasted on the Shalesmoor bike lane scheme that was implemented and then taken up when it caused chaos. Speechless

Man belives everything that gets pushed through his door without any fact checking. Speechless.

Guest busdriver1
5 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Man belives everything that gets pushed through his door without any fact checking. Speechless.

Exactly, we just had one from the labour party telling us how well they have handled things in Rotherham. Trouble is, most of it was on government instructions and not of their own choice as they imply .

Moral - never believe a politician EVER

that may be the general truth,but the lib/dems have a decent track record for telling you facts that scc keep away from the public,this labour council needs to lose and let the lib dem sort out the mess this city is in.

What, like getting Lord Scriven of Scrivensville back?? Cos that worked really well didn’t it 

15 hours ago, bassett one said:

that may be the general truth,but the lib/dems have a decent track record for telling you facts that scc keep away from the public,this labour council needs to lose and let the lib dem sort out the mess this city is in.

They did a fine job when they were last in power (joke).

Followed all Labour's manifesto commitments but managed to spend all the reserves in the process.

23 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Well that's why I've asked twice who the single individual is, who's been making the decisions for SCC? 

Another thing. I've asked a few folk in other parts of the city & they don't seem to have been leafleted.?  

As a piece of information, the pamphlet sounds pants.