Sheffield Wednesday V Luton Town

weve had some gooduns,with steve bruce being the last top manager.

5 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Just looking back at their previous managers of the last 20 years or so and where they have ended up.

Five of them went on to manage in the premier league. 

Edited by Jim Hardie
Miscounted, lol.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Five of them went on to manage in the premier league. 

Steve Bruce abandoned them before he even got started, Carlos did a temporary job can't think of the other 17 in the last 20 years but I you'll find a large majority didn't do as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sheffield_Wednesday_F.C._managers#:~:text=Ron Atkinson was Sheffield Wednesday's 17th and 20th,Wednesday. He was succeeded by Alan Irvine .

Edited by Alextopman

3 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Steve Bruce abandoned them before he even got started, Carlos did a temporary job can't think of the other 17 in the last 20 years but I you'll find a large majority didn't do as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sheffield_Wednesday_F.C._managers#:~:text=Ron Atkinson was Sheffield Wednesday's 17th and 20th,Wednesday. He was succeeded by Alan Irvine .

Are you saying Wednesday have had 19 managers in the last 20 years?

Lol, not counting Monk because we don’t know where he’ll go next. Eight out of thirteen didn’t do as well. It’s a majority but I wouldn’t call it a large majority.

16 hours ago, Alextopman said:

You could have said the same thing about United, up until Wilder taking over as manager,  they had 8 managers in 9 years after Warnock left in 2007.  Which shows anything can happen in football.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sheffield_United_F.C._managers

Edited by iansheff

15 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Are you saying Wednesday have had 19 managers in the last 20 years?

Lol, not counting Monk because we don’t know where he’ll go next. Eight out of thirteen didn’t do as well. It’s a majority but I wouldn’t call it a large majority.

The list is there to see Ii think it's about 14, the point is how many did well after managing Wednesday,

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

You could have said the same thing about United, up until Wilder taking over as manager,  they had 8 managers in 9 years after Warnock left in 2007.  Which shows anything can happen in football.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sheffield_United_F.C._managers

Yes it can but my point is the job is not as attractive as some say.

4 hours ago, Alextopman said:

The list is there to see Ii think it's about 14, the point is how many did well after managing Wednesday,

Five went on to manage in the premier league, not a bad total. How well they did was down to them.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Five went on to manage in the premier league, not a bad total. How well they did was down to them.

Are you counting Bruce in that?.

15 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Are you counting Bruce in that?.

Why wouldn’t I?

48 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Why wouldn’t I?

No reason at all but it does seem a bit desperate considering the circumstances of his tenure.

48 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Edited by Alextopman

25 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

No reason at all but it does seem a bit desperate considering the circumstances of his tenure.

Nothing desperate about it. Either he’s managed Wednesday in the last 20 years or he hasn’t.

1 minute ago, Jim Hardie said:

Nothing desperate about it. Either he’s managed Wednesday in the last 20 years or he hasn’t.

Nothing to do with his very short time at Hillsborough contributed to where he is now, in fact he couldn't wait to get away after seeing the mess he had taken on.

Either way like I say it's been a dead end job for a lot more than it's been a stepping stone and that's a fact.