Rip Spencer Davis.

Or hiding......

Gave the young Steve Winwood his first break for which we should be grateful.

I first met Spencer Davis a few years ago at a pub in Culver City . We got to chat often and he gave me a c/d of his latest songs . A few years later I worked on Catalina Island during summers and learned he was living there .. I would go and see him and his group play whenever he was in one of the local bars . He still sounded great and  would still have a chat .  A really nice guy .

19 minutes ago, sharrowyank said:

I first met Spencer Davis a few years ago at a pub in Culver City . We got to chat often and he gave me a c/d of his latest songs . A few years later I worked on Catalina Island during summers and learned he was living there .. I would go and see him and his group play whenever he was in one of the local bars . He still sounded great and  would still have a chat .  A really nice guy .

Thank you for sharing.

Did the 'Magpie' TV theme if I recall. Very catchy.

also the film about buster edwards the great train robber,but whatever,great music,everlasting,sadly lost another top  singer

Got to see Spencer Davis at an all-nighter at the Twisted Wheel in Manchester in 65. The blues voice of band member Steve Winwood was the attraction for me and my mate's.

They were know as Spencer Davis at the time, adding group to the name a year or so later.

Rip Spencer.