Reduced Frequency On Supertram

Guest busdriver1
13 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Is he of limited mobility? If not, then there are buses, the 120 for example  that run very close the route of the tram. 

Exactly my thoughts. 

2 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Exactly my thoughts. 

The 120 doesn't come through S3 though, it goes up Walkley, via Crookes.

I haven't lived in lower Walkley in over 23 years.

33 minutes ago, MrAllen2K21 said:

The 120 does go through S3  on its way up West Street, Glossop Road and Fulwood Road.

This would cover the Broomhall, University and Netherthorpe bits of S3.

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, MrAllen2K21 said:

the 120 does not go to Walkley. It does however go to the city centre where there is a great choice of buses to all parts of the city. Sounds to me like somebody is looking for excuses. Before the time factor is introduced the 120 is as fast if not faster that the tram from Peaks to the city due to the long way round the tram takes.

4 hours ago, MrAllen2K21 said:

It goes to Town. I don't know where you live but plenty of people catch 2 buses to work.

On 10/03/2021 at 13:31, Michael_N said:

No tram service on any route from 8pm Saturday 3 April until 5am Tuesday 6 April.

No replacement buses either, although tickets will be accepted on First and Stagecoach buses in the areas covered.

The works are taking place on Park Square roundabout.

Thanks for this useful information Michael - I note that it doesn't seem to have made it onto Supertram's Twitter feed as yet...

When work's previously been carried out on the Park Square rail interchange, instead of suspending all services completely they used to run "short" tram services between Halfway / Herdings & Sheffield Station, also between Malin Bridge / MIddlewood & Fitzalan Square (or Cathedral).  I think between Meadowhall & ?Cricket Inn Road? too.  With trams stored overnight at the "off road" stops on those parts of the route which were temporarily cut off from the depot.

Presumably they aren't bothering to do that this time due to lower than usual anticipated passenger numbers?  Not least because these dates are Easter Sunday & Easter Monday.

Edited by GleadlessLad

9 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Exactly my thoughts. 

He isn't but I am, so walking all the way to 2 Bus stops would be difficult.

Guest busdriver1
3 hours ago, MrAllen2K21 said:

He isn't but I am, so walking all the way to 2 Bus stops would be difficult.

Not a lot more can be said. 

21 hours ago, GleadlessLad said:

Thanks for this useful information Michael - I note that it doesn't seem to have made it onto Supertram's Twitter feed as yet...

When work's previously been carried out on the Park Square rail interchange, instead of suspending all services completely they used to run "short" tram services between Halfway / Herdings & Sheffield Station, also between Malin Bridge / MIddlewood & Fitzalan Square (or Cathedral).  I think between Meadowhall & ?Cricket Inn Road? too.  With trams stored overnight at the "off road" stops on those parts of the route which were temporarily cut off from the depot.

Presumably they aren't bothering to do that this time due to lower than usual anticipated passenger numbers?  Not least because these dates are Easter Sunday & Easter Monday.

Stagecoach run the commercial bus replacement services with their own funds. This is why they were directing passengers towards existing Stagecoach bus services and First services (who Supertram pay to accept their travel passes).

It would now appear SYPTE have put out to tender a rail replacement network - so depending on the cheapest bid and if they go ahead with the tender, there will be rail replacement services after all.

I am confused by the part of the thread dealing with Easter tram arrangements

I cannot find any information about the closure of the Supertram or Tramtrain. 

What is the source?

What is "Park Square rail interchange"?

Journey planners show both running.

A section of railway track between Sheffield and Meadowhall is being replaced between Saturday evening and Tuesday morning.

Bus replacement to Meadowhall (Northern)/Wakefield Westgate(XCountry)and Doncaster(TPE).

Sheffield to Worksop continues to be closed.

9 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I am confused by the part of the thread dealing with Easter tram arrangements

I cannot find any information about the closure of the Supertram or Tramtrain. 

What is the source?

What is "Park Square rail interchange"?

Journey planners show both running.

A section of railway track between Sheffield and Meadowhall is being replaced between Saturday evening and Tuesday morning.

Bus replacement to Meadowhall (Northern)/Wakefield Westgate(XCountry)and Doncaster(TPE).

Sheffield to Worksop continues to be closed.

Keep an eye out on Twitter and the relevant websites over the course of this week. Once the tenders have been received and details on what will be happening are confirmed they will be posted out on tram stops and online.

There was originally to be no replacement buses operating, however SYPTE have stepped in once again as in summer to provide a bus replacement service on most routes.

The Delta Junction on Park Square Roundabout is where the remedial works are taking place, including the removal of rotten wooden sleepers. As this is where all 4 lines converge there is no alternative but to suspend services during this period.

On 16/03/2021 at 08:59, Michael_N said:

There was originally to be no replacement buses operating, however SYPTE have stepped in once again as in summer to provide a bus replacement service on most routes.

This was Supertrams decision to give the proverbial two fingers to their customers once again? don't you just love them

One might have thought that with something like this that has been planned well in advance alternative plans and clear communication would have been sorted ages ago