Reduced Frequency On Supertram

I wonder if this time the powers that be will look at things from a customer prospective and run the Tramlink buses from Stocksbridge through to the city center and provide a seamless service for customers ?

Probably not, that would main extending the route from Middlewood Terminus and the natives would complain about the roadworks!

1 hour ago, RandomStranger said:

Asked a conductor this morning if timetables are going to change soon as trams are getting a little busier with schools going back. Answer was no idea however he did say that trams would be closing for 2 days on the 4th/5th April with no trams running anywhere because of Rail Replacement in town centre. Wasn’t these only done 3/4 years ago? Where do they get these rails from a kids train set. Useless!!

No tram service on any route from 8pm Saturday 3 April until 5am Tuesday 6 April.

No replacement buses either, although tickets will be accepted on First and Stagecoach buses in the areas covered.

The works are taking place on Park Square roundabout.

5 hours ago, RandomStranger said:

Asked a conductor this morning if timetables are going to change soon as trams are getting a little busier with schools going back. Answer was no idea however he did say that trams would be closing for 2 days on the 4th/5th April with no trams running anywhere because of Rail Replacement in town centre. Wasn’t these only done 3/4 years ago? Where do they get these rails from a kids train set. Useless!!

There's still a fair amount of the rails that have never been replaced.

I've had to cancel my carer Easter weekend because of this, I would've cancelled for Easter weekend anyway, but this added to the urgency, the guy lives up at Westfield near Crystal Peaks, and if there's no Trams running through Town he can't get to me :(

Fortunately I emailed the interim care manager yesterday so he can't say he hasn't had the required 2 weeks notice.

21 hours ago, MrAllen2K21 said:

Probably not, that would main extending the route from Middlewood Terminus and the natives would complain about the roadworks!

If you were commenting on my suggestion then the operation is simple (if planned in advance ) and was proven a couple of years ago when Stagecoach bus acted on my suggestion and did in fact run a through service for the benefit of their passengers.

Guest busdriver1
On 10/03/2021 at 19:03, MrAllen2K21 said:

I've had to cancel my carer Easter weekend because of this, I would've cancelled for Easter weekend anyway, but this added to the urgency, the guy lives up at Westfield near Crystal Peaks, and if there's no Trams running through Town he can't get to me :(

Fortunately I emailed the interim care manager yesterday so he can't say he hasn't had the required 2 weeks notice.

Couldn't he use the bus?  Or is it beneath him. 

11 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Is there not a replacement bus running.

21 hours ago, Bigal1 said:

Apparently not. Tickets will be accepted on stagecoach and first buses instead. Although I’m pretty sure no buses run  on Park Grange Road nowadays. 

Guest busdriver1
23 hours ago, Bigal1 said:

I was thinking of other bus services, they do still exist.

On 11/03/2021 at 23:33, busdriver1 said:

He lives on the Halfway Tram route, so if there's no Trams running he's stuck :(

5 hours ago, MrAllen2K21 said:

He lives on the Halfway Tram route, so if there's no Trams running he's stuck :(

Is he of limited mobility? If not, then there are buses, the 120 for example  that run very close the route of the tram.