Reduced Frequency On Supertram

9 hours ago, Bigal1 said:

This was Supertrams decision to give the proverbial two fingers to their customers once again? don't you just love them

One might have thought that with something like this that has been planned well in advance alternative plans and clear communication would have been sorted ages ago

We are currently in the middle of a national lockdown for the Coronavirus pandemic where you should not be travelling unless the journey is essential. All public transport is currently funded to operate by the government and in South Yorkshire the bus and tram  funding goes through SYPTE who specifes what level of service on the Covid timetables operates and gets paid for. They will be announcing what services will operate over Easter weekend soon.

Edited by Andy C

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

We are currently in the middle of a national lockdown for the Coronavirus pandemic where you should not be travelling unless the journey is essential. All public transport is currently funded to operate by the government and in South Yorkshire the bus and tram  funding goes through SYPTE who specifes what level of service on the Covid timetables operates and gets paid for. They will be announcing what services will operate over Easter weekend soon.

Except that’s not true for Easter Weekend though is it!

After 28th March the stay at home law lapses and no longer applies!

Guest busdriver1
10 hours ago, Hook said:

Except that’s not true for Easter Weekend though is it!

After 28th March the stay at home law lapses and no longer applies!

Hasn't it already lapsed. I had to visit Sheffield yesterday and it was just like a normal Saturday. 

3 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Hasn't it already lapsed. I had to visit Sheffield yesterday and it was just like a normal Saturday. 

I know you’re just being facetious, but it’s wrong for Stagecoach to hide behind legislation that simply won’t apply. By Easter Weekend people will be able to meet outside under the rule of six, and up to two households. There’ll be no restrictions on travelling and yet Supertram  feel it’s appropriate to cancel all services and not offer any form of replacement services or even accept that it might be a mild inconvenience for some people. 

Mind as this is the same company which hasn’t taken seriously the risks provided by COVID and still fails to clean the toilets in their castle house offices more than once a week, continues to clean the trams (internally) with cold dirty water and treat the staff with disdain I’m not surprised. 

Please don’t turn this into another thread solely about Covid.

Thank you.

Edited by nikki-red

Guest busdriver1
47 minutes ago, Hook said:

I know you’re just being facetious

I was not being facetious I was being VERY serious

Powells have won the tender for the tram replacement service over the Easter Weekend. Full details I'm sure will be published shortly - Supertram and SYPTE certainly like keeping the public on their toes!

23 hours ago, Hook said:

I know you’re just being facetious, but it’s wrong for Stagecoach to hide behind legislation that simply won’t apply. By Easter Weekend people will be able to meet outside under the rule of six, and up to two households. There’ll be no restrictions on travelling and yet Supertram  feel it’s appropriate to cancel all services and not offer any form of replacement services or even accept that it might be a mild inconvenience for some people. 

Mind as this is the same company which hasn’t taken seriously the risks provided by COVID and still fails to clean the toilets in their castle house offices more than once a week, continues to clean the trams (internally) with cold dirty water and treat the staff with disdain I’m not surprised. 

Supertram have no concept of customer service - end of story

Lets give stagecoach supertram some credit at least they are consistent as they stuck two fingers up to the public last year when rail replacement was on as they said they wouldn’t be running replacement busses. SYPTE had to step in like they have this year.  

1 hour ago, Bigal1 said:

Supertram have no concept of customer service - end of story

My experience of Supertram  - & of the attitude of their "customer service" section - fully supports this comment.

1 hour ago, GleadlessLad said:

My experience of Supertram  - & of the attitude of their "customer service" section - fully supports this comment.

My friend it is not the fault of the customer service team but it is the management who are 100% at fault. The customer service is there to provide excuses for the failings of management not to look after the interests of the customer or heaven forbid actually promote any improvement.