Hi my name is Ernie Sharp i worked for S U T for a number of years i ran Bridlington Service along with ERNIE MARSHALL who ran Scarborough Service for a number of years i started the same time as Ronnie Bird Albert Norman Ted Fanthom Bob Skipper brothers Bob and Roy Nolan

Hi Ernie Sharp. When was you there at SUT

Hi yes i was there in early 1960 for a number of years i made a mistake on one of the names it was Eric Nolan who passed away in 1962 a few more names to play with Bert Oxley Eddie Brooks Jack Clarke Eric Guymer Bill Loesby Steve Cryion not forgetting Chris Russell who came from Sonny Fanthoms

---------- Post added 07-05-2016 at 15:18 ----------

Hi Fourchairs, great photo and yes it is a Burlingham Seagull bodied AEC Reliance which was new in 1957. It had the coachname of "Innsbruck" and was regd as YWA 268. The tour was Lands End I believe and this was in 1959. The other courier on the tour was Arthur Jones. Incidentally, the tour was of 7 days and cost £18.9s.0d (or £18.45p). The coach was fitted with Webasto air conditioning.
Hi this was indeed Lands End its the First and last inn still their today i drove 268 for a year on the Bridlington servce

Hi again Ernie. Do you remember my late dad Walt Fothergill? He walked out on his family when I was 9yrs old in 1955. He worked at SUT until his death in 1975. at one time he was one of SUT's top drivers. Went abroad a lot.

Hi i remember Walter he did Bridlington service run before me

Hi i remember Walter he did Bridlington service run before me

hi ernie sharp recall all the names mentioned spent many happy years at sut plus jack hand **** controller chap called gosling joe booker Derek tie alf riley regards aj

hi ernie sharp recall all the names mentioned spent many happy years at sut plus jack hand **** controller chap called gosling joe booker Derek tie alf riley regards aj

Have you seen 1322 WA at south yorkshire transport museum

Yes sedith, thank you, I was getting my west country geography mixed up, also if one travelled with Littlewood's, didn't you have to book the accommodation with them too. not just the ride. Perhaps S.U.T. also ?

In the 1950's you could just book travel di it quite a lot for a number of years

The coach livery was as described, but the firm consisted of two brothers

Ceil G Littlewood from burngreave Sheffield and

Fred N Littlewood from brinsworth not sure of number coaches but on one trip there was at least 7 two of Fred's and the others Ceil's plus hired in coaches

My Dad Ron Levers drove for SUT for a time in the 1950's.:|

URL=http://s119.photobucket.com

Have you seen 1322 WA at south yorkshire transport museum

Was there last week and it was out in the car park looking absolutely splendid!

My grandad drove for them before and after the war. His name was Gilbert Howsham, I have a photo of him in front of his coach about 1953 but dont seem to be able to get it on here.