New Bus Service - Sheffield To Manchester

Jeffrey Shaw

ALSO

New threads have been created today, as follows

1. Mottram Moor delays and the long-promised bypass.

2. "Are Snake and Woodhead open?"

Please post on the present thread only re the bus service.

Message added by Jeffrey Shaw

Guest busdriver1

Credit to them for trying but in all honesty services through this area failed during times of lower car ownership and no pandemic so its not really a great surprise but a sad shame.

The new 257 timetable from Monday 10th January is now hourly Mon-Sat and every 2 hours Sunday.

Goes from Pond Street via Market Crosspool, Bamford, Hathersage. Grindleford, Eyam, Calver, Baslow to Bakewell.

As normal in winter there is no Derwent service.

Over 66 using ENCTs can catch the first bus from the Moor at 0930 M-F

Over 60's can use any bus and train(after 08.59 M-F*)to and in Derbyshire** by using a Derbyshire Wayfarer ***for £6.70 or £13.40 for others. You can buy this fare on the bus or at the railway station*.

*If you want to catch the 09.00 to Chesterfield/Derby print this otherwise you can get a stroppy guard arguing.

**Trains as far as Ilkeston, Long Eaton, Burton on Trent, Uttoxeter, New Mills Central/ New Mills Newtown(for Buxton) also by bus to East Midlands Airport and Macclesfield.

***They are no longer available to buy in advance- if you have any there is a link on how to get a refund.

I offer no apologies for blatantly plugging.  Use it or lose it.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

On 20/10/2020 at 09:03, Baldie1 said:

This service is good news for walkers who want to access routes off snake pass.  I'd think that is where a lot of business will come from. I'll use it myself.

Agreed, it will do well in the spring and summer months for the walkers. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Agreed, it will do well in the spring and summer months for the walkers. :thumbsup:

The service  ends next Saturday 

Last day for the X57 bus over the snake pass to Glossop and Manchester is this coming Sunday, 9th January.

From Monday 10th January an improved timetable starts on the 257 bus (Sheffield-Broomhill-Crosspool-Derwent-Bamford-Hathersage-Bakewell)

https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport-roads/public-transport/news-notices/bus-service-changes/forthcoming-changes-to-bus-services.aspx