New Bus Service - Sheffield To Manchester

Jeffrey Shaw

ALSO

New threads have been created today, as follows

1. Mottram Moor delays and the long-promised bypass.

2. "Are Snake and Woodhead open?"

Please post on the present thread only re the bus service.

Message added by Jeffrey Shaw

20 hours ago, Runningman said:

Good evening busdriver1.  Got my thick head on at the moment !!  I presume you are saying that a planned journey from Sheffield to the Snake Summit will not be allowed ?

I'd be surprised if that's enforced by the company, wether the authorities do is another question. We aren't allowed to refuse travel for not wearing a face mask at the company I work for so I'd be surprised if the drivers can be bothered enforcing it or if they're even allowed to.

19 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Correct.

We have a comment that someone passing Snake summit has seen 2 bus stops in place

From where do I catch the bus to alight at Snake summit ?

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, Runningman said:

We have a comment that someone passing Snake summit has seen 2 bus stops in place

From where do I catch the bus to alight at Snake summit ?

Where do you live? If it is in South Yorkshire you can not travel out of the area. If you live in Derbyshire you can travel to snake pass but not Manchester or Sheffield

Edited by busdriver1

10 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Where do you live? If it is in South Yorkshire you can not travel out of the area. If you live in Derbyshire you can travel to snake pass but not Manchester or Sheffield

The current tier 3 rules merely advise not to travel in or out of the zone if possible, but don't ban it.

19 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

There is no travel ban. You are advised against it that's all.

23 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Hi busdriver1.  I will park just before the Derwent Viaduct, catch the bus there and alight at the Snake summit.

That is when life returns to normal !!

Guest busdriver1
13 hours ago, probedb said:

There is no travel ban. You are advised against it that's all.

Well thats fine then, perhaps covid will decide not to travel with you. 

This is how we are heading for another lockdown with people finding loopholes to break the advice from people that know what they are talking about.

22 hours ago, dave_the_m said:

The current tier 3 rules merely advise not to travel in or out of the zone if possible, but don't ban it.

As above

Please don’t turn this into another Coronavirus thread. 

Cheers.

One would imagine then that cars and lorries are also being severely affected. 

Clearly a no stoppimg/waiting stretch should be created with camera enforcement

On 28/10/2020 at 18:00, busdriver1 said:

At both ends 💩

They do fund some services but have managed to shirk most of their responsibilities there amongst many other things 

Saw it the other day on West Street with 1 person on it. Lockdown and Winter never a good combination for starting a new bus service!🤔

Hulleys are progressively reintroducing their services and adding some including the X57 Snake bus to Manchester is being extended to the Airport from May with a first bus at 0505.