Firework Madness In 2020

WITH no public bonfires this year ,and with fireworks many to big for a normal garden,bonfires this year for many unlike in the past,i worry its going to be bad for animals(worse than normal) as they cannot go to a big display ,then add on its midweek,i assume its going to be torrid and noisy,i also think,we will have more problems than normal,dad /mum ect ,always taken the family to a big event,all of a sudden trying to remember how to build a fire,set off the  fireworks ect,ect,add the normal idiots OMG comes to mind.i hope covid doesnt include more lives,via a different version.

Surely they are not having public firework displays? Bonfire night ... Its about time it was stopped anyway ... ?

Never quite sure whether it's fireworks or gunfire that I've heard emanating from the Burngreave/Pitsmoor area most evenings/nights over the last couple of weeks. Has there been any religious festival during this period?

12 hours ago, sedith said:

Surely they are not having public firework displays? Bonfire night ... Its about time it was stopped anyway ... ?

Why should it be stopped?

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Well maybe ask the people in cars vans and busses on Abbeydale Road etc last week who were getting fireworks thrown at their vehicles and thrown in their busses. Or the people in the areas busses are no longer running thanks to “antisocial behaviour “

7 hours ago, Resident said:

I agree it should be stopped - I fear this year there may be many more bonfire in peoples private gardens thta will keep the firemen busy and of course the usual firework vandalism in the Abbeydale Road area, although thankfully one of the local fireworks shops in the area now has a planning application up to become a Vegan/Veg venue - does anyone know if this has been granted, I hope it has so that less fireworks will be on ale in the area 🙂

but some person is going to make ,big cash this year as folk buy for the garden instead of going to a proper event due to covid 19,hope theres not to many injurys as many dont normally set off these big fireworks and many not suitable for a normal back garden ,and i cannot see the shops asking or advising whats suitable for there garden,it will be supposed to be 25 metres away ,but it will be okay attitude ,hope i am wrong

Personally I love fireworks, but I do think it's time that firework displays were now restricted to professionally organised events.

Fireworks from suppliers instead of little corner shops handing them out to joe public.

totally agree,BUT the lotttery when things get back to normal,offer up to £10,000 for community events,so if local people join together ,set  up a group,work with a land owner and the police,fire services,scc ect,then local people can enjoy a great night,use local people for hotfood,funfair rides ect,they can make a amount of cash that can be used for the following year or for the community,its easy and keeps your area safer.

On 19/10/2020 at 09:44, *Wallace* said:

Well maybe ask the people in cars vans and busses on Abbeydale Road etc last week who were getting fireworks thrown at their vehicles and thrown in their busses. Or the people in the areas busses are no longer running thanks to “antisocial behaviour “

But those events have nothing to do with the 5th of November and everything to do with criminality. 

But lets's ban Bonfire Night and also we should ban:

Diwali
Eid
New Year
Chinese New Year

All annual events that have taken to using fireworks as a traditional method of celebration.

Unfortunately it’s not about hose events anymore it’s a youth culture that sees it as an excuse to cause trouble.