Ambulance Blocking The Road

3 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

I know this will come as a complete shock to you, but there is something called 'control room', they coordinate dispatches for all emergency services from there. If another service had to attend, they would have coordinated that.

My dad is a retired paramedic. People like you are the reason he suffered a burn-out after a long career. He and his colleagues frequently got verbally and physically abused by people 'demanding an explanation'. He personally saved the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of people, including dumb idiots like you, because when it really matters, you wouldn't complain, would you? When your daughter has broken her neck falling down the stairs and it takes hours to find a suitable and stable way to move her, or you are completely oxygen deficient and need to take oxygen on for an hour before you can be moved; you wouldn't complain then, would you?

In those circumstances I'm sure most of us would check with the paramedics that they weren't holding anyone up before they undertook life saving procedures that could take longer than a few minutes. Then again, most of us are considerate.

Edited by max

4 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

I know this will come as a complete shock to you, but there is something called 'control room', they coordinate dispatches for all emergency services from there. If another service had to attend, they would have coordinated that.

My dad is a retired paramedic. People like you are the reason he suffered a burn-out after a long career. He and his colleagues frequently got verbally and physically abused by people 'demanding an explanation'. He personally saved the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of people, including dumb idiots like you, because when it really matters, you wouldn't complain, would you? When your daughter has broken her neck falling down the stairs and it takes hours to find a suitable and stable way to move her, or you are completely oxygen deficient and need to take oxygen on for an hour before you can be moved; you wouldn't complain then, would you?

You beat me to this.  Well said.  I despair of some people.

I think that this thread has run its course at this point, so I'm going to close it.