Ambulance Blocking The Road

37 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Brain transplant.

I was trying to be polite 😉😉😉😉

1 hour ago, Hans-solo said:

No excuses he was a nobhead cant block a road for 2 hours when there was options what if there was a fire further up the Rd should fire brigade wait 2 hours don't think so even ambulance drivers should use common sense I for one one ever give way to an ambulance again

Well let's just hope lots of other people have the same sentiment next time you or one of your relatives or one of your friends is in desperate need of an ambulance you selfish moron.

They are on an emergency call giving lifesaving treatment to someone.  They quite rightly have absolute priority which goes well beyond inconvenience to a few motorists for an hour or so.   

Perhaps if you had a snip of the intelligence of those ambulance crew you would have done  something along the lines of the very simple solution suggested by Dardendec above or at the very least contacted the hospital to explain the situation and attempt to rearrange your appointment.

Your attitude is disgraceful.  

4 hours ago, Hans-solo said:

We live on a on way in and out rd went out tonight for hospital appointment an ambulance had stopped dead in middle of rd with hazards on he had options to park on left on kerb or right in carpark but no he blocked road 2 hours I sat waiting to get passed missed appointment aswell road was chaos cars wanting up and down just a joke ambulance service

If you’re so upset ring the service management, you might be surprised to learn that emergency treatment is not dependent on the inconvenience caused to others. Presumably your ability to drive or wait 2 hours did not qualify you for life saving action so why not contact the clinic to inform them of the delay, request transportation, walk or sensibly rearrange appointment. Sometimes we have to accept that our needs are secondary to others

12 hours ago, Hans-solo said:

We live on a on way in and out rd went out tonight for hospital appointment an ambulance had stopped dead in middle of rd with hazards on he had options to park on left on kerb or right in carpark but no he blocked road 2 hours I sat waiting to get passed missed appointment aswell road was chaos cars wanting up and down just a joke ambulance service

I cannot immagine anything minor taking two hours, unless he/she nipped around the corner to McDonalds?

Anyone like to explain what if an old person further up rd took ill or something and needed an ambulance or a fire perhaps do they wait 2 hours also common sense is needed

Ironic, how the phrase 'common sense' has appeared...

What an appalling attitude by the original poster.... let's hope he never needs emergency treatment.   He might change his tune then.  Unfortunately, we have to share the world with people like him  -  a complete idiot..

Anyone like to explain what if an old person further up rd took ill or something and needed an ambulance or a fire perhaps do they wait 2 hours also common sense is needed

I know this will come as a complete shock to you, but there is something called 'control room', they coordinate dispatches for all emergency services from there. If another service had to attend, they would have coordinated that.

My dad is a retired paramedic. People like you are the reason he suffered a burn-out after a long career. He and his colleagues frequently got verbally and physically abused by people 'demanding an explanation'. He personally saved the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of people, including dumb idiots like you, because when it really matters, you wouldn't complain, would you? When your daughter has broken her neck falling down the stairs and it takes hours to find a suitable and stable way to move her, or you are completely oxygen deficient and need to take oxygen on for an hour before you can be moved; you wouldn't complain then, would you?

It's quite simple. They have contingencies for these sorts of things. They would find an alternative route to get where they need to go, they would swap over one emergency vehicle for another or if necessary they would simply shift it temporarily out of the way to allow access and replace it... the list goes on.

You might be astounded to learn that these emergency responders are well trained in such circumstances -  it's exactly why when there is a major incident or horrendous accident which requires dozens and dozens of responders it's all coordinated and they know exactly how and where they need to go.

Just stop worrying your pretty little head about it.  You are clearly so filled with irrational and unreasonable outrage for being slightly inconvenienced that you are the one whose lost all common sense.

Edited by ECCOnoob

12 hours ago, butlers said:

Christ,hope he was not the donor!

I hope not too.

13 hours ago, Hans-solo said:

No excuses he was a nobhead cant block a road for 2 hours when there was options what if there was a fire further up the Rd should fire brigade wait 2 hours don't think so even ambulance drivers should use common sense I for one one ever give way to an ambulance again

I hope you arent unfortunate enough to need them.

16 hours ago, Hans-solo said:

In these unpresidented times we have to put up and shut up,  try doing the same, do you think the Ambulance was parked there for a specific reason for instance, saving someones life or helping some in distress, probably not because he was in your way whilst trying to get to the supermarket to panic buy,  selfish people like you just don't help matters in these times. :rant: