Reasonable Price For Repoint Of Terraced House?

Hello,

I have quotes for 1500 and 2500 for a full repoint (front + back) of a mid terraced house. Has anyone else had repointing done and could comment if these are typical? 

Cheers,

N

Its around £35.00 a m2 to rake out and repoint so do a quick measure and you'll know if your on the right lines.

14 hours ago, nightrider said:

Hello,

I have quotes for 1500 and 2500 for a full repoint (front + back) of a mid terraced house. Has anyone else had repointing done and could comment if these are typical? 

Cheers,

Its the qualiity of work that matters the raking out should be 15 mill deep and a scaffold is needed no can do it off a ladder bodgers. You must see prev work pref some one who does it all the time as they will be geared up for it  a 

machine for grinding out with dust extractor etc .    There used  to be a firm called Gun Point that were the best but lost contact did a lot of work for sheff council had a special machine for putting the mortar in think they come from worksop  but not sure very good // I am ex bricklayer pointer and stopped doing it when i saw these lads think the machine was german had a motor on magic

Edited by spider1

Thanks all!

Yes will measure up and see what it should come to based on 35/m2.

Both quotes include use of scaffolding. People really try to repoint using ladders?!

1 minute ago, nightrider said:

Thanks all!

Yes will measure up and see what it should come to based on 35/m2.

Both quotes include use of scaffolding. People really try to repoint using ladders?!

Looked on u tube gun point on there give am a bell for a  quote takes em a fraction of the time as hand pointers and better //  You could always grind it out yourself if youre in the trade 

I paid £3100 for a full re-point on my 3 bedroom semi-detached in March this year. Had two other quotes, one for £3250 and then a ridiculous £6,000 from a big national company.