Covid Test Timescales In Sheffield

I’ve searched and not been able to find the answer so I hope it is okay to post this. Yesterday morning my 3 yo had a cough so my whole household has gone into self isolation, littlies are off nursery and eldest off school.

We took 3yo old for a drive thru test at Meadowhall yesterday lunchtime. I’ve read the online info which says most tests are returned the next day. We haven’t had the results back yet. I’m just slightly worried because it was difficult getting a sample and I’m not sure they’ll be able to test it. I’m getting antsy that if that’s the case it may mean the test falls beside the wayside. I’m worried about my eldest getting behind at school.

Has anyone else been for a test and how long did it take to get the results.

TIA Xx

Friend got their result back in about 30 hours but that was in Rotherham 

My kids had the test at the Alderson Road walk through site.  It was done at 2pm on a Saturday and got the results at 10am on the Monday.  I sent a postal test off on Thursday last week and got an email with the result at 11pm on Tuesday night.  I think it varys a bit.  I wouldn't worry to much about your child getting behind with school work as schools are expecting lots of kids to be off isolating at the minute.  Mine have been off for over 2 weeks and are still at home.  They were told to isolate by school as they had been in contact with a positive case at school then I came down with symptoms.  Just the day before they were due back to school my son was sent home from work with symptoms so we are again isolating.  We don't seem to be able to get out of this loop but school have been great and I'm sure school will having something in place to help the kids catch up.

Edited by katekate

My son was tested at 6:30pm Thursday night, his result was back 3pm Saturday.

They did tell him 1-3 working days tho.

Theyd let you know if the test was inconclusive.

Edited by nikki-red

Guest busdriver1

2 days  is the norm

Thanks all!

Still nothing. Over 48 hours now. Fingers crossed it comes this afternoon. Anyone else waiting for their results?

Edited by GingerR

My mum has done 2 home tests now and both have been lost!

My friend did a home test on Tuesday, no result yet.

Ours was a drive through. Doesn’t sound very organised 

My friend got her result today, it was from Tuesday.

My son was tested Mon and didn't his results until Sat. Was told it was taking 5 days now.  

Hi I got tested on Wednesday at Chesterfield proact stadium, then my partner got tested at Meadowhall. He got his results on Friday, mine still haven’t came back.