Cashcard MacHine Warning S1

Last Sunday, I tried to use  an independent machine across the road from the main train station to check my balance . It was in the wall outside a fast food shop. The card was digested and never seen again .

I then noticed the screen was blank . I rang my bank and cancelled the card. However , I returned later to put a note warning anyone  else to not use it. The shop owner  told me 'it was nothing to do with me' and then 'you can't put a card there as it's  a private machine'. He said he would remove it , if I did! It all sounds suspicious to me. What does any one think? On Wednesday , the screen was  still blank.

with private machines,our local shop owner tops up the cash ect,if its low,but re-the card?,but does sound iffy to say the least.

I would report it to the police if the machine is not working then the shopkeeper should have no problem with you putting a notice on the machine

On 16/10/2020 at 10:31, Bigal1 said:

I would report it to the police if the machine is not working then the shopkeeper should have no problem with you putting a notice on the machine

Report to the police? Seriously???

14 minutes ago, WarPig said:

Report to the police? Seriously???

Why not? The machine may have been tampered with in order to collect cards and PINs for the purpose of theft.

The fact that the business that 'owns' the machine doesn't want anyone warned of that potential speaks volumes. 

14 hours ago, Resident said:

Why not? The machine may have been tampered with in order to collect cards and PINs for the purpose of theft.

The fact that the business that 'owns' the machine doesn't want anyone warned of that potential speaks volumes. 

Exactly well said - of course the police may not do anything but that is another story

These cash machines found in small stores are usually owned by a third party who just pay the store a rental fee. The store owner cannot usually deal with any queries, there should be a phone number on the machine iteslf to contact in the case of any issues. Personally I don't trust them and use the ones in banks or larger supermarkets.

I always use the one in railway station across the road or inside a bank.

Never trusted the ones outside.

Edited by Zarniwoop
Spelling error

I don't trust cash machines at all nor do I trust banks. I keep all my money under the bed - fortunately it's a massive bed cos I'm loaded

1 hour ago, MJ01 said:

I keep all my money under the bed - fortunately it's a massive bed cos I'm loaded

My wife is Power of Attorney for a very elderly lady who had to go in a care home and her large apartment had to be cleared.The expensive stuff went to an Auction and the rest to a House Clearer. After the House Clearer’s initial visit she was surprised to see two beds disturbed as was the airing cupboard. She mentioned this to the auctioneer who said that these are the first places house clearers search for money !

2 hours ago, MJ01 said:

I don't trust cash machines at all nor do I trust banks. I keep all my money under the bed - fortunately it's a massive bed cos I'm loaded

What’s your address and when you out 😂😁🤑🤑🤑

22 hours ago, andysm said:

These cash machines found in small stores are usually owned by a third party who just pay the store a rental fee. The store owner cannot usually deal with any queries, there should be a phone number on the machine iteslf to contact in the case of any issues.

Yes but the odd thing about this is that the store owner was not allowing someone to put a notice on the machine to warn that it was "not working" this is highly suspicious