Sending A Parcel Via Hermes

I have a parcel to send within the UK. It is being listed on ebay so as yet I don`t know the location of potential buyer.  I need to know postage cost so that  bidders can see what it will cost. I know the weight and dimensions. If I go on the Hermese site for a price the system will request a post code.

I think someone on here mentioned that you can put any post code in to get the price. I don`t know if this is correct information?? If I put a random post code in Hermese system and then change it when I know the exact destination, isn`t this likely to cause problems?

Would appreciate advice if anyone knows.

Edited by Janus

From memory.

I think it's a national flat rate except maybe for Highlands and Islands

I used Hermes for most of my ebay stuff with no problems.

I think that flat rate should include Northern Ireland, at least it does with Royal Mail.

Thanks for these replies, I`l give it a try. 

I use parcel2go.com. They find the cheapest and you  do not have to provide postcodes. Hermes is usually the cheapest.

11 hours ago, carosio said:

I think that flat rate should include Northern Ireland, at least it does with Royal Mail.

It won't with Hermes. It's not likely to include highlands or islands either. Alot of sellers put that caveat in the description. 

However, the price will be the same in Cornwall or Glasgow. 

I'm assumimg it is not a problem with Hermese,  changing the postcode  for the correct one after the sale?

I got a post code of  a village 2.5miles from John O'Groates, and the price is reasonable. Should be okay.  I stated in the listing no delivery to the islands off Sconny Botland :)

Edited by Janus
Additional info.

Can anyone help a newbie, ive received loads of stuff via hermes but never sent anything.  I've sold something on vinted and the buyer sent me a prepaid address label which I've put on the parcel to send.  Don't know whether to drop at a shop or the lockers which are at Morrisons near me.  I don't have to book do I cos postage is already paid.  Please help don't wanna look like an idiot 🙄 

Edited by Jillybabes
spelling mistake

I know where I'm dropping off thanks Wallace but its already paid for by the buyer of the item I'm sending, does the shop s can the barcode? 

44 minutes ago, Jillybabes said:

I know where I'm dropping off thanks Wallace but its already paid for by the buyer of the item I'm sending, does the shop s can the barcode? 

Just drop it at your local shop point. They scan it, you get a reciept for proof of postage so you're covered.