Lloyds Pharmacy Far Lane S6

What is going on here, not opening every day until 9-9.15, but supposed to be 8.30. Closed every afternoon. 

Several people made appointments for Flu vac injections & then no one to give it , we made appointment 6 weeks ago, then no one available so had to rebook, then surgery closed !!

Only one member of staff on premises most of time who dosn,t normally work there !. 

Fobbing people off by saying all staff being moved around other branches !!

My elderly 85 yr old neighbour trailed 3 times now to get medication ordered over a week ago.

have you thought that they have staff having to self issolate

I have been waiting for over an hour in a queue that stretched up Far Lane..  Other people came but left again in disgust.  Many people are elderly.  When I eventually was served I was told that one of the items on my prescription was not in stock  - even though my prescription was put in over a week ago.  I will now take my prescription for the item they dont have to Boots as there’s no way I am waiting in the freezing cold for over an hour again. The pharmacy apparently will close at 12.00. I think the staff ought to tell the people at the end of the queue to go home as they will be waiting for nothing!!

Yes, staff may be self isolating but I would have thought a large organisation such as Lloyds would be able to provide better coverage than this.

Edited by Rozie
Re-wording

Does sound as if they have a customer service problem I would complain direct to their CEO

There are many problems with the Lloyds pharmacy on Far Lane. My mum, who is in her 80's, severely disabled and housebound, is reliant on having her repeat prescriptions delivered by the Far Lane pharmacy. Her prescriptions are often delivered several days late and there is usually at least one or two items missing. When she contacts the pharmacy by 'fone, she's invariably told that the items are "out of stock" . How can such big, national company like Lloyds Pharmacy run out of vital medications? If one branch is out of stock, then surely they should  be able to get supplies from one of their many other branches?

My mum's latest repeat prescription was delivered last week - with 2 vital items missing. I have been trying to contact the pharmacy since Thursday last week, but they are just not answering the 'fone. 

My mum has now completely  run out of one of her important medications, so the current situation is threatening to her health - and maybe even threatening to her life!

In desperation, I've also spent the last 2 days trying to contact her GP's surgery (which is also in Far Lane, next door to the pharmacy).  The GP's surgery are also not answering their 'fone!

I live and work  in London....my mum lives in Sheffield. It's not as if I can just easily nip out and collect her prescription from another pharmacy! 

It's not the Covid virus that's killing off the elderly and the vulnerable - it's the complete collapse of all the systems that they rely on to support them. It's appalling!  

Does anyone have an alternative contact number for the Lloyds Pharmacy on Far Lane? The number I'm calling - 0114 233 7529 - just gives continuous ringing tone and is never answered...not even by the usual "robot" voice asking you to press 1 for this, 2 for that ...etc, etc.

I'm worrying that I'm trying to contact the wrong bloody number.!

why not ring their head office? or contact their CEO

Edited by Bigal1

Main switchboard

Head office customer care team
03456003565   option 2 

Email - customer- services@lloydspharmacy.co.uk

Mail (registered office)
Sapphire Court
Walsgrave Triangle
Coventry
CV2 2TX

After a great deal of time spent trying to contact Lloyd's Pharmacy head office - and being passed from pillar to post when I finally got through - I'm relieved to say that my housebound old mum finally had her repeat prescription delivered yesterday. Apparently, the Far Lane Pharmacy had been closed for a while because one of their staff had tested positive for Covid.

These are perilous times for everyone and I understand that precautions have to be taken if a member of staff is infected. The staff who work in the Far Lane Pharmacy are very helpful and pleasant -  we have no complaints about them at all. However, I still think that a big company like Lloyds should have a fall-back plan for when one of their branches has to close at short notice. My mum's prescription was due to be delivered on 19th October and it was actually delivered on 29th, after she'd already completely run out of at least one of her important medications. It could have been disastrous! 

Whilst I appreciate the Far Lane branch may be handy for those who do not drive and live in the locale, the bottom line is that parking is really hazardous round this pharmacy - I endorse the post which says Asda Pharmacy  gives good service AND you can park easily.  I've only ever been to the Far Lane Lloyds once and never again.