Scart To Hdmi Leads

Any technical bod’s out there, just had to buy a new T.V. not surprised but today’s all singing and dancing T.V.’s don’t have Scart connections any more the woman in John Lewis say’s you need a Scart to HDMI lead to connect my Video recorder to it but there are so many on Amazon any one give me a clue which is which. Thanks

Didn't your new TV come with a SCART 'dongle' (female SCART input at one end, and some connector or other at other end, frequently a 3.5mm jack connector)? Many of them do, e.g. Samsung, so maybe double-check your TV box/packaging?

Otherwise, SCART is for analogue signals, HDMI is for digital signals, so whichever you pick, make sure that there is some sort of signal conversion (transforming the RGB waveform signal into 0s and 1s) happening between both ends of the 'lead', or you might end up being disappointed.

Thanks for that we haven't actually got it yet it will be delivered next

week just trying to get in front with the right cable before it arrives.

You should be able to find the manual on the manufacturers website then you'll see what comes with it. As L00b says, failing that  you'll need a signal convertor, plenty on amazon/ebay etc.

Chances are the TV may not come with an adapter, and will instead only support composite (yellow lead that's a phono/rca) 

All you'll need in this instance is a scart to composite cable which you should be able to get quite cheap. 

If you post a link to the TV you've purchased we can confirm what you need.  Don't spend stupid money on a scart to hdmi converter. 

I bought an adaptor from amazon a couple of years ago which works. The scart cable plugs in at one end and the HDMI cable at the other.

Evening all, thanks for your input and surgetion's to help solve this

problem, did'nt need to buy a Scart to HDMI cable as I already had a HDMI

cable connected from the VCR so I connected it to the New Sony

TV and it worked.  Thanks