M O T New Rules

The test gets worse.Once upon a time if an air bag or an abs warning light stayed on it was not a test failure ,but it is now.The simple way to make one of these lights go out is to reconnect the bulb or diode to either the ignition warning light or the oil pressure warning light.

Would say thats impossible on a fiesta you would have to take the dash out  to get to it

15 hours ago, spider1 said:

Would say thats impossible on a fiesta you would have to take the dash out  to get to it

It’s only a case of taking clocks out.  Easy enough to do 

1 hour ago, rudds1 said:

It’s only a case of taking clocks out.  Easy enough to do 

I am a builder wouldnt have a clue how to take a clock out of a fiesta  . Build you a house no prob

6 hours ago, spider1 said:

I am a builder wouldnt have a clue how to take a clock out of a fiesta  . Build you a house no prob

Youtube is your friend ;) 

Yes been on it think 90 percent not true .The one about taking screen out and putting a switch in 

seems best . But dont fancy myself doing that thanks anyway

On 25/10/2020 at 21:09, spider1 said:

Yes been on it think 90 percent not true .The one about taking screen out and putting a switch in 

seems best . But dont fancy myself doing that thanks anyway

IN Conclusion to my query . If any of your tyres are going down and you dont have a puncture  you can buy valve  Stems on the net 4 for  £10 and put sensors in off  your old tyres same price. I had mine fitted at local tyre place cost £40 //  

Prob  better going to a big tyre place like  Dexell  they can sort lot out for £60 a wheel  

For enthusiasts who change there wheels over in winter and have dreaded light on dash 

and want to take light of good luck plenty of lads on U  Tube say they can do it but  i dont know but doubt it same as any one on here .  Mine is a fiesta on a 2014 plate so youd think it would be easy. Same as said either main dealer or good tyre dealer like dexell 

If you buy any second hand alloys remember to take valves of old wheels 

Edited by spider1

9 hours ago, spider1 said:

IN Conclusion to my query . If any of your tyres are going down and you dont have a puncture  you can buy valve  Stems on the net 4 for  £10 and put sensors in off  your old tyres same price. I had mine fitted at local tyre place cost £40 //  

Prob  better going to a big tyre place like  Dexell  they can sort lot out for £60 a wheel  

For enthusiasts who change there wheels over in winter and have dreaded light on dash 

and want to take light of good luck plenty of lads on U  Tube say they can do it but  i dont know but doubt it same as any one on here .  Mine is a fiesta on a 2014 plate so youd think it would be easy. Same as said either main dealer or good tyre dealer like dexell 

If you buy any second hand alloys remember to take valves of old wheels 

Or just get code that puts light on taken out of the car system   No more troublesome light on. 

27 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

Or just get code that puts light on taken out of the car system   No more troublesome light on. 

Trouble is were do you get code from and how to put it in computer in  car  fist time i heard that one  

15 hours ago, rudds1 said:

Some lights have to come on and then go out for the car tp pass the MOT

2 hours ago, truman said:

Some lights have to come on and then go out for the car tp pass the MOT

Pre 2014 they didnt have them so its a bit stupid to fail a car if the tyres are correct.    On a modern car just because some one has a spare set  of wheels with expensive winter  tyres on 

but dont think  many mot testers will be checking if the lights on . I know all decent mot centres if the lights on will go round and pump tyres up to take it of // I know  top places like dexel  now keep   sensore to sort it out  but back street places no so make sure you have no light on . Place at wales bar now geared up for it  been told  and will sort it 

Just checked  the t p m s    light  on my fiesta doesnt come on if  my pressures are okay  so if i could take it off i would ./   

Edited by spider1

On 24/10/2020 at 19:25, ivan edake said:

The test gets worse.Once upon a time if an air bag or an abs warning light stayed on it was not a test failure ,but it is now.The simple way to make one of these lights go out is to reconnect the bulb or diode to either the ignition warning light or the oil pressure warning light.

And 99% of the population will just get the problem fixed, rather than a bit of auto electrics or taking the clocks out or dash out or finding some code to enter and not having the means to enter it in the first place.

Struggling to see how it makes the test worse, if a car has air bags or ABS then to know they are working correctly is an important piece of information. Otherwise, what's the point?