M O T New Rules

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

And 99% of the population will just get the problem fixed, rather than a bit of auto electrics or taking the clocks out or dash out or finding some code to enter and not having the means to enter it in the first place.

Struggling to see how it makes the test worse, if a car has air bags or ABS then to know they are working correctly is an important piece of information. Otherwise, what's the point?

Point is after 8 years and some before they will all fail as battery in sensor will run down .

So if you getting new tyres put new sensors in if car is 8 years old then you will be okay for another 8 years  £60 a wheel   and dont change your wheels around or buy new alloys .

Good idea in theory but stupid in practice it must devistate second hand alloy lads i know they are trying to get round it but its a night mare.

Any one know how to take light of wifes car aint got em on lovely . 

Nothing money cant sort 

24 minutes ago, spider1 said:

Point is after 8 years and some before they will all fail as battery in sensor will run down .

So if you getting new tyres put new sensors in if car is 8 years old then you will be okay for another 8 years  £60 a wheel   and dont change your wheels around or buy new alloys .

Good idea in theory but stupid in practice it must devistate second hand alloy lads i know they are trying to get round it but its a night mare.

Any one know how to take light of wifes car aint got em on lovely . 

Nothing money cant sort 

So £60 per wheel every 8 years. Not exactly a lot compared to the total cost of running a car. Four tanks of petrol.

Quite right but a car thats 5 years old  idea to put new valve stems in at £3 each of the internet especially if tyres going down slightly and its not a slow puncture when you put new tyres on .

Thats what my fiesta was doing had to pump up every 2 weeks to take light off that cured it fourT M P S.   [STEMS ONLY]

.renewed 4 for £10 of net a good tyre place like dexell will stock em and check em out .

I went to a small tyre place they hadnt a clue thaught it was a puncture 

Edited by spider1

23 hours ago, spider1 said:

Quite right but a car thats 5 years old  idea to put new valve stems in at £3 each of the internet especially if tyres going down slightly and its not a slow puncture when you put new tyres on .

Thats what my fiesta was doing had to pump up every 2 weeks to take light off that cured it fourT M P S.   [STEMS ONLY]

.renewed 4 for £10 of net a good tyre place like dexell will stock em and check em out .

I went to a small tyre place they hadnt a clue thaught it was a puncture 

Sorry, don't understand a word of that.

16 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Sorry, don't understand a word of that.

Got a 2014 fiestfa  

16 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Sorry, don't understand a word

Got a 2014 fiesta tyers going down and bringing light on on dash.    Tyre place said tyres wernt sealed to rim properly cost £40      2 weeks later light on dash tyres down.    Back again said slow punctures £40.     Back again different fitter said T. P M. S. valves leaking  so i bought 4   t p m s valve stems on e/bay £40  he fitted   them £40 but cured problem.  So if light on dash because tires going down be carefull   Ford now saying change tire stems every 5 years  sencors every 10   The sencor part is sold seperate stem part .                                                   Dexell now geared up and sell and sort your problem out as well as main dealer of course              All srarted with can anyone take light of dash can put ordinary valves in then like they used to be.      U tube is full of ideas but  dont work tried a few

On 29/10/2020 at 11:15, truman said:

Some lights have to come on and then go out for the car tp pass the MOT

And that’s why you only remove the fault code not the check code    Leaving check code in means car will do self test and light will come on and go out as required.  By removing fault code the light can not come on.  Easy to do 

1 hour ago, rudds1 said:

And that’s why you only remove the fault code not the check code    Leaving check code in means car will do self test and light will come on and go out as required.  By removing fault code the light can not come on.  Easy to do 

1 hour ago, rudds1 said:

Easy   enough to do  like that but nobody can do it

1 hour ago, spider1 said:

Easy   enough to do  like that but nobody can do it

There are places/ people out there that do this sort of stuff   Mate of mine removes immobiliser codes from the megane that take those cards instead of keys  he also removes the start stop off vehicles as most people don’t like it amongst other things 

56 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

There are places/ people out there that do this sort of stuff   Mate of mine removes immobiliser codes from the megane that take those cards instead of keys  he also removes the start stop off vehicles as most people don’t like it amongst other things 

56 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

Yes maybe i know quite a few mechanics but none who can do this a lot who say they can help