M O T New Rules

44 minutes ago, Resident said:

Why would anyone present a car for MOT with warning lights on the dash, especially low tyre pressure warnings which is easily solved by adding air to the indicated tyre? 

Same goes for people that present them with failed bulbs, no washer fluid etc. 

Presenting a vehicle with these basic check faults should not only fail the MOT but the owner issued with a fixed penalty for failing to maintain the basics.

You fail to understand  you cannot take the light  out by adding air if battery in a sencor has gone  as   many will have due to them only lasting 5 or 6 years  going to be a major problem    soon . 99 ppercect of  m o t and  tyre places dont stock sencors  // So if you got a light on dash youre in bother  There is  a major car that has just pulled out of country  that its near impossible to get even a back bumper for expensive as well  //  now got only 3 service centres in britain one in glasgow one in leeds one in ireland   , //  i rang them and trird to get a back bumper they said  nearest amsterdam  cost  £450  BUY british now 

Edited by spider1

25 minutes ago, spider1 said:

You fail to understand  you cannot take the light  out by adding air if battery in a sencor has gone  as   many will have due to them only lasting 5 or 6 years  going to be a major problem    soon . 99 ppercect of  m o t and  tyre places dont stock sencors  // So if you got a light on dash youre in bother  There is  a major car that has just pulled out of country  that its near impossible to get even a back bumper for expensive as well  //  now got only 3 service centres in britain one in glasgow one in leeds one in ireland   , //  i rang them and trird to get a back bumper they said  nearest amsterdam  cost  £450  BUY british now 

What major manufacturer has pulled out of the UK market? The answer is none. 

5 hours ago, Resident said:

Edited by spider1

My car doesn't use sensors for tyre pressure, it uses an average of the road difference (or something) over the 4 wheels. There are no actual sensors in  the wheels etc. If they it falls below a threshold the warning light comes on. Also wondering how this turned into a Buy British now rant? Many new main dealer parts like an entire bumper can quite easily cost several hundred pounds, it depends on the model and age usually.

Sorry. They pulled there top 2 models out of market and shut  service garages up now i got a £12.000

car i cant get parts for . BUY FORDS in future i will

I would think most tyre places will fit these. Hawleys certainly do - they did some for me recently.  They are around £80 to £90 each.

1 hour ago, probedb said:

My car doesn't use sensors for tyre pressure, it uses an average of the road difference (or something) over the 4 wheels. There are no actual sensors in  the wheels etc. If they it falls below a threshold the warning light comes on. Also wondering how this turned into a Buy British now rant? Many new main dealer parts like an entire bumper can quite easily cost several hundred pounds, it depends on the model and age usually.

Hi What car is it please.  Its because you cant get parts for foreign cars now 

Edited by spider1

18 hours ago, Resident said:

Mitsubishi? 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/352852/mitsubishis-uk-exit-full-details-and-what-it-means-owners

Jaguar Land Rover is pulling out of UK manufacturing and going to Slovakia.

Nissan is no longer producing the X Trail in Sunderland.

4 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Mitsubishi? 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/352852/mitsubishis-uk-exit-full-details-and-what-it-means-owners

Jaguar Land Rover is pulling out of UK manufacturing and going to Slovakia.

Nissan is no longer producing the X Trail in Sunderland.

4 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Nissan have  Shut all lexus    and infiniy service centres in great britain except 3     who aint got any parts anyway  order  amsterdam nearest 

I  phoned nissan up in sheffield they said  we no longer deal with these two for anything try northen ireland 

Edited by spider1

On 11/10/2020 at 20:30, spider1 said:

So its going to be a dealer only cost hundreds better watch out when buying a second hand car  any body know a way to turn light of and put ordinary valves in they sell things on net that dont work im told  

why dealer only? I have TPMS sensors replaced on my car by independent garages.

On 13/10/2020 at 14:26, Resident said:

Why would anyone present a car for MOT with warning lights on the dash, especially low tyre pressure warnings which is easily solved by adding air to the indicated tyre? 

Same goes for people that present them with failed bulbs, no washer fluid etc. 

Presenting a vehicle with these basic check faults should not only fail the MOT but the owner issued with a fixed penalty for failing to maintain the basics.

Indeed. Rather worrying that someone would drive around with such a light on without (a) checking their tyres and (b) getting the faulty sensor fixed, if its not working.

3 hours ago, spider1 said:

Nissan have  Shut all lexus    and infiniy service centres in great britain except 3     who aint got any parts anyway  order  amsterdam nearest 

I  phoned nissan up in sheffield they said  we no longer deal with these two for anything try northen ireland 

Lexus is a Toyota brand, not Nissan.

3 hours ago, spider1 said:

Nissan have never dealt with Lexus, they're owned by Toyota. 

As for Infiniti, I can cound on one hand how many I've seen in the last 10 years, so hardly a major brand.