Rishi Sunak Says, 'Retrain.'

Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak says that due to COVID-19, some workers, particularly in certain industry sectors, maybe facing possible unemployment & therefore should consider retraining? 

Take the skills assessment test, (you can do the questions in around 5 mins) & see what the computer recommends?   https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/

I was told Royal Marine, (not bad for someone in their early 60's), Prison Governor or engineer.  The last one is actually bang on. 

Edited by Baron99

I got sports, creative activities or construction.

I am too old to be a professional athlete and anyway not good enough, Rishi has destroyed the creative sector so why would I train to do that and am not fit/strong enough for construction. Not sure how useful this is really.

34 minutes ago, nightrider said:

I am too old to be a professional athlete and anyway not good enough, Rishi has destroyed the creative sector so why would I train to do that and am not fit/strong enough for construction. Not sure how useful this is really.

It completely pointless for the majority of the working age public. One the odd ones that wasn't hospitality or retail it needed at least 5 years worth of studying.

I  put down negative answers for all the people skills and problem solving questions and got "Cabinet Minister".

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

I  put down negative answers for all the people skills and problem solving questions and got "Cabinet Minister".

Like it.

2 hours ago, nightrider said:

It's useful for the government because it allows them to say they are doing something to help those who've lost their jobs because of Covid. Whether it is of any practical use in helping the newly unemployment in finding work is irrelevant.

Great fun, but that's about all. 

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I was told Royal Marine, (not bad for someone in their early 60's), Prison Governor or engineer.  The last one is actually bang on.

I think my result was similar to yours, Paramedic, Soldier or Security Manager  :)

The laugh has cheered me up, thanks Rishi

LOL. Hotel Porter, or Bomb Disposal Technician....

I did a similar thing back at school that told I should be a Gameskeeper....funny that seeing as I'd like every single one of them to die.

I got healthcare, I'm a carer 👍