Yoyo Price Charged For Cement In Plastic Bags .

I have been doing a wall project for a while now. I only buy one or two bags of cement at a time. Even if I return to the retailer after only two weeks, the price is invariably different. It's as though they make the price up as they choose.

There is new place opened in Canklow selling building and garden materials, so am going to check it out this afternoon.

Where do you buy your cement from, and do you find the price is consistent?

This kind of thing renders me speechless. The prices should be set in concrete for a fixed period. It makes a mockery of the foundations of consumer experience. The worst offenders need fingers pointing at them

4 hours ago, MJ01 said:

This kind of thing renders me speechless. The prices should be set in concrete for a fixed period. It makes a mockery of the foundations of consumer experience. The worst offenders need fingers pointing at them

Excellent  - this dry humour could go off rapidly if not appreciated without delay after delivery.  

Edited by silverglade5

All seems a bit odd to me.

If I can put my comment into the mix. We have been buying cement on and off for months now and the best and consistent price seems to be at B & Q at £4.02 per bag.

Thank you forgeman for this helpful info. If as you say, the price has  been at £4.02 over several months, that seems to be pretty concrete.

Hi Janus, if you can store it under cover then you can probably save a quid a bag by buying the paper rather than plastic bags. As I side note I think Covid is affecting supply chains in weird ways. Been to 4 car spares this week before managing to buy a tin of bodyfiller. One of the guys told me they couldn’t get underseal and motor oil was looking a bit iffy. Maybe the haulage situation or manufacturing shutdowns are causing price and availability of goods to fluctuate?

Hi Jim,

I was experiencing the random pricing for the last 2 years. I think some places just try it on.

Regarding body filler, I used to buy one called  "U Pol C" from a shop on Attercliffe.  The shop was also selling panels, sills etc.  It was on the the right hand side when heading to Sheffield from Tinsley. I think it may have closed down now. It may have been called Melbros? ?

I do think, in some instances, there's profiteering going on.