Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Parking In Bakewell

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Yes, I have been stung on a Bakewell side road, along with plenty of others, where there was unclear signage.  The local parking enforcers must rake it in.  It feels very off-putting and has often made me think twice about spending my hard earned there.  I do love Bakewell but I tend to go in the evenings now to enjoy it, when it's a lot quieter and saves me a fortune!

Stung?

 

Or chanced it and got caught, knowing full well the intention of the signage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2020 at 09:48, alchresearch said:

I just park in the town centre car park.  £4 for a full day is fine.

How can you spend a whole day at Bakewell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ivan edake said:

How can you spend a whole day at Bakewell?

Easily - lots of walks from Bakewell which could take all day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 14:14, ivan edake said:

How can you spend a whole day at Bakewell?

Quite; unless you are going on a long circular walk into the green wilderness, I can't imagine what people do for more than a couple of hours in Bakewell.  Replace Bakewell with Ambleside or Whitby and you have the same result. Once you've been there, you've done it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 14:14, ivan edake said:

How can you spend a whole day at Bakewell?

Not hard to do, when you work out how long your stuck in traffic jams on the way in and out in the summer months.  :hihi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Quite; unless you are going on a long circular walk into the green wilderness, I can't imagine what people do for more than a couple of hours in Bakewell.  Replace Bakewell with Ambleside or Whitby and you have the same result. Once you've been there, you've done it.

The same could be said about lots of places but there's still plenty of people who go and spend all day there. 

 

Meadowhall is a perfect example. Personally I get grumpy if I spend more than 20-minutes in there but there are some people who will spend all day wandering around, having a meal, going to see something etc.

 

Exactly the same in some of the places you mention, some people enjoy shopping and spend hours browsing in the windows, going through the racks of items and deciding what they want.  People enjoy simply having an aimless wander round, maybe taking some time over lunch which could easily while away many hours. Add the fact that some other visitors to the town may be there for business reasons or appointments - so it's not always about just the tourism.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2020 at 09:01, Bargepole23 said:

Stung?

 

Or chanced it and got caught, knowing full well the intention of the signage.

Presumptuous much?  Yes, stung!  I should have appealed it at the time as the tiny, ambiguous notice was almost completely obscured by greenery, and did not match the road markings.  I'm afraid I can't afford to take chances like that, so I tend to look for signs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Presumptuous much?  Yes, stung!  I should have appealed it at the time as the tiny, ambiguous notice was almost completely obscured by greenery, and did not match the road markings.  I'm afraid I can't afford to take chances like that, so I tend to look for signs.

Should have looked a bit harder before parking up then. Clearly you were able to find it after getting a ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Should have looked a bit harder before parking up then. Clearly you were able to find it after getting a ticket.

Thank you for your understanding and empathy.

 

I'm sorry you see fit to jump to conclusions and be unkind.

Edited by Lex Luthor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2020 at 16:52, PRESLEY said:

Not hard to do, when you work out how long your stuck in traffic jams on the way in and out in the summer months.  :hihi:

Good answer Presley,I'm daft enough to do it every week when i come away from Rowsley car boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ivan edake said:

Good answer Presley,I'm daft enough to do it every week when i come away from Rowsley car boot.

 Just how it works out,   the price of being a lovely place to visit.  Just like most coastal spots, quiet in winter and hectic in summer, its a cross the locals have to bear unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.