Parking In Bakewell

On 31/10/2020 at 07:39, Lex Luthor said:

Thank you for your understanding and empathy.

I'm sorry you see fit to jump to conclusions and be unkind.

You're welcome. My empathy lies with the residents of Bakewell who are inundated with selfish car parkers. Not with motorists who bleat when they get caught parking where they shouldn't. Use the car parks provided, not residential side streets.

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

You're welcome. My empathy lies with the residents of Bakewell who are inundated with selfish car parkers. Not with motorists who bleat when they get caught parking where they shouldn't. Use the car parks provided, not residential side streets.

If we are talking  High season Im Suprised anybody could park anywhere because of endless yellow lines  parking permit requirements, rightly so for the people who live there.  I dont really know anywhere apart from carparks which are usually hard work to get parked in. 

On 01/11/2020 at 08:36, Bargepole23 said:

As I've previously stated.  After being fleeced, and without appropriate signage, I no longer go to spend my hard-earned there.  So there's not a problem.

3 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

As I've previously stated.  After being fleeced, and without appropriate signage, I no longer go to spend my hard-earned there.  So there's not a problem.

You were not fleeced. Just another entitled motorist who puts their own convenience above residents by parking inappropriately.

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

You were not fleeced. Just another entitled motorist who puts their own convenience above residents by parking inappropriately.

No, I really was.  You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Would it be so difficult for you to acknowledge the possibility that you might be wrong, just once?

Edited by Lex Luthor

To be honest if I go to a place like Whitby, Skeggy(once in a blue moon, Chav city) Blackpool(bedlam)  I look at a possible parking space then look around and theres  chance to get out of the car and look at other cars parked up to see if they are  displaying some type of permit, or ticket ect, or look up and down for appropiate signs,  I would be well fed up if after having a good day out, coming back to a  parking ticket or clamped even, its worth spending that extra few minuets checking parking is OK to do so. IMO. 

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

To be honest if I go to a place like Whitby, Skeggy(once in a blue moon, Chav city) Blackpool(bedlam)  I look at a possible parking space then look around and theres  chance to get out of the car and look at other cars parked up to see if they are  displaying some type of permit, or ticket ect, or look up and down for appropiate signs,  I would be well fed up if after having a good day out, coming back to a  parking ticket or clamped even, its worth spending that extra few minuets checking parking is OK to do so. IMO. 

Yes, which is what I always do.  And then when I came back to find the ticket, the semi hidden, totally unnoticeable unless you knew it was there, sign was pointed out to me by someone who had seen loads of drivers fall victim to it.

11 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Yes, which is what I always do.  And then when I came back to find the ticket, the semi hidden, totally unnoticeable unless you knew it was there, sign was pointed out to me by someone who had seen loads of drivers fall victim to it.

Just put it down to spilt milk,  at least you know this will never happen again,  I forgot to mention the reason why I really check things out is because in my younger days I used to get more tickets than you could literaly shake a stick at for all sorts relating to driving,  I havn't got a ticket for J walking yet but hold on theres stil time. :hihi: