Hillsborough Mortgaged.

Caught Radio Sheffield's 'Football Heaven' tonight & they were running a piece that the Wednesday Chairman, D. Chansiri, having previously sold the ground, (separating it from the club of course), to another company owned by himself, 'Sheffield 3' was mentioned, Mr Chansiri has now taken out a loan against the ground with an undisclosed lender?  

Radio Sheffield have tried to get to the bottom of this only to be told "No comment."  This was causing a few worries for the Owls fans calling in with one, who reckoned he had a 'good, reliable source' stating that moves were already underway for a new ground to be built off the M1? 

50 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Caught Radio Sheffield's 'Football Heaven' tonight & they were running a piece that the Wednesday Chairman, D. Chansiri, having previously sold the ground, (separating it from the club of course), to another company owned by himself, 'Sheffield 3' was mentioned, Mr Chansiri has now taken out a loan against the ground with an undisclosed lender?  

Radio Sheffield have tried to get to the bottom of this only to be told "No comment."  This was causing a few worries for the Owls fans calling in with one, who reckoned he had a 'good, reliable source' stating that moves were already underway for a new ground to be built off the M1? 

I like to leave the financial side to the club, no point worrying over something we as fans can't control. I find it hard to believe he's looking to build a new stadium, not with the amount he's in so far. Saying that if it's financially better for the club to move to a new stadium then it's something I wouldn't be opposed to if it's for the right reasons.

I think this needs looking into.  Is the plot of land your ground is occupying worth knocking the stadium down and developing?  Housing development perhaps?  If so, perhaps he can buy cheaper land elsewhere, build a new stadium and make a  fast buck?

A lot of fuss over nothing, its to generate funds during the current Covid crisis and clubs getting hardly any money coming in.

6 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

A lot of fuss over nothing, its to generate funds during the current Covid crisis and clubs getting hardly any money coming in.

That's what I'd of thought, makes no difference to us fans aslong as he keeps payments up

why would a multi - millionaire want to get a loan against a building?building a new ground may be a good idea as ours is old and needs to much repair possible,it all seems strange,but we are debt free,but on the other hand have no assets really.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

why would a multi - millionaire want to get a loan against a building?building a new ground may be a good idea as ours is old and needs to much repair possible,it all seems strange,but we are debt free,but on the other hand have no assets really.

I'm pretty sure we won't get a new ground until we were in the Prem (unlikely for a while) then I think it would be a definite.

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

So what do SWFC, as a football club, actually have as assets now that the club no longer owns the ground or the land it stands on?  The value of the playing staff & a training ground? 

It does appear, as suggested by one caller to last night's 'Football Heaven', the indications are that in the long term, it's going to mean a new stadium, built away from the Hillsborough area? 

Edited by Baron99

3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I'm pretty sure we won't get a new ground until we were in the Prem (unlikely for a while) then I think it would be a definite.

Yes, if we went up I'd believe it more. I don't think he'd want to be paying out for a  new stadium until we have more cash flow coming in

The thing that is puzzling me, is that if this often mentioned perception that Chansiri is SO wealthy that he can throw however much he wants at whatever he wants is true....then why take this route?