Green Unripe Chillies - Best Advice

Following earlier advice post disaster with my plants earlier this year, my fresh chilli plants did take root, and grow well in the greenhouse. Alas, owing to the earlier problems I did start very late. As a result, I have harvested a fair number of ripe ones (two varieties), but am left with a sizeable quantity of 'green' fruits.

So I have harvested them, and cleared my greenhouse. T'internet advises ripening them off the plant, and 'spoofing' them with a ripening banana as with unripe tomatoes. Does that work - should they be in a warm place? Should I make efforts to dry them at the same time?

Lesson learned! I grow from seed so will start again next year. Best time to start - late March?

Advice appreciated. I followed it regarding the tomatoes (Alicante and Ailsa), and enjoyed a good tasty crop.

You can over winter chillies if you can provide a frost free environment.

I tried overwintering one year but found the plants got inundated with greenfly so I ended up chucking them anyway.  Like the OP I always grow from seed, sowing late Feb indoors cos' they need a long season to get to fruiting. 

I grow the 'Apache' variety and they're so prolific you only need one plant to give you enough medium hot fruits to last a full year. In fact I've recently chucked a load from the 2019 batch. We use them fresh in the growing season and then freeze the rest, they're just as good from the freezer.

Sowed mine yesterday. Bit early maybe but I just couldn't wait to get something growing. Bottom heat usually works so I stand the tray on the lid of my tropical fish tank.